The School has built up a number of focussed research groupings which interlink with research interests of our subject areas.
Research Centre Websites
Clicking the links below will take you to the research centre websites.
- Financial Mathematics & Computational Research Cluster (FMC)The Financial Mathematics Computation Cluster (FMC2) is a collaboration between industry, UCD, DCU & NUI Maynooth, bringing together complementary expertise in financial mathematics, financial economics and computer science to create a multi-disciplinary research programme in asset and risk management, areas of critical importance to the future development of the international financial services sector in Ireland. Launched on 14 October 2009 with funding of €4.1 million, FMC 2 is part of the Science Foundation Ireland Strategic Research Cluster (SRC) programme.
- Centre for Information, Technology & Systems (CITO)
The research activities of CITO are focused on understanding the relationship between innovation, technology and organisation, and the associated policy and management implications.
- Centre for Management Science & Systems (CMSS)
CMSS leads research in management science, decision science, decision support systems and systems science.
- Natural Computing Research and Applications Group (NCRA)
The NCRA is a multidisciplinary research group, jointly located in the School of Business and the School of Computer Science. The group studies computational systems inspired by Nature and develops problem solving tools based on these systems. A particular focus of the NCRA is the application of these tools in Business.
- UCD Centre for Corporate Governance
The centre for corporate governance undertakes research in all areas of corporate governance.
- National Institute of Technology Management (NITM)
The institute promotes research activities in the areas of Science & Technology Policy, Supply Chain and Value Chain Research.
- Centre for Employment Relations and Organisational Performance
The centre promotes a broad range of research activities which are concerned with the changing world of work and employment.
- Centre for Financial Markets (CFM)
The primary aim of the Centre for Financial Markets (CFM) is to produce research in Finance of the highest international standard, focusing attention on the operations of the financial services industry and their principal institutions.
- Global Finance Academy
Global Finance Academy (GFA) Ireland, a joint initiative by University College Dublin and the Institute of Bankers, is an educational and research resource of outstanding reputation for the financial services industry.