Michael Smurfit MBA ScholarshipThe Michael Smurfit MBA Scholarship will be awarded to an academically exceptional student who has demonstrated leadership and impact achievements in their career to date. They will be an ambassador for the Smurfit MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation. This merit based scholarship covers up to the full tuition fees for either the MBA or Executive MBA. GMAT score 700 or above required.
|Open Date||1st October 2017|
|Close Date||27th November 2017|
|Value||One award of up to 100% tuition fees|
This scholarship will be awarded to an academically exceptional student who also has demonstrated leadership and impact achievements in their career to date. They will be an ambassador for the Smurfit MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation.
This merit based scholarship covers up to the full tuition fees for either the MBA or Executive MBA. GMAT score 700 or above required.
This scholarship is open to all successful MBA and Executive MBA applicants scoring 700 or above on the GMAT.
Please note the GMAT deadline is 12 February 2018.
There is no separate application process for this scholarship. All successful applicants for the MBA and Executive MBA are automatically considered. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Scholarships may be awarded prior to the closing date to exceptional candidates. Early application is recommended.
NB As scholarships are limited and there is significant competition, applicants residing in Ireland may be required to attend an assessment centre as part of the scholarship review process (Round One Assessment Centre Date: Monday, 26 February 2018 from 9:45am to 1pm)
- The Michael Smurfit MBA Scholarship will be awarded to an academically exceptional student who also has demonstrated leadership and impact achievements in their career to date. They will be an ambassador for the Smurfit MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation;
- The scholarship is open to all successful MBA applicants (Full-time and Executive) who hold a GMAT score of 700 or above by 12 February 2018;
- In order to be eligible to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must have ‘Offer’, or ‘Accept’ status associated with their application by 12 February 2018;
- Only complete applications received before the scholarship deadline will be considered;
- The successful candidate will be selected on merit paired with a holistic review of their MBA application;
- Once scholarship awards are issued, students must accept this offer within two weeks of the notification being distributed by the committee. It is the student’s responsibility to formally accept the scholarship offer, a non-response will be considered as declining the offer;
- Decisions will be made by the Scholarship Committee and candidates will be notified within two weeks of the committee decision. All decisions are final;
- Students awarded a scholarship must commit to attending UCD Smurfit Open Events where required. Students may also be required to participate in promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MBA blog, or other forms of promotional activity as required). Scholars are expected to assist occasionally as ambassadors for the School;
- The issued scholarship will be deducted from the student’s University fee account;
- Continuous full time enrolment and attendance is required to retain a scholarship award;
- A student who withdraws, cancels or becomes inactive, enrols less than full-time, is suspended, or dismissed from the University will lose his/her scholarship eligibility. A student who takes such a status due to medical reasons may appeal in writing to Scholarship Committee to have his/her scholarship reinstated. The appeal must be submitted with supporting documentation, such as a letter from a doctor. In such a case, for there to be a possibility for reinstatement, a student’s leave from the University cannot exceed two consecutive semesters;
- A student who declines an initial offer of admission and accompanying scholarship offer will not retain his/her scholarship offer if he/she reapplies at a later date;
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future date;
- This scholarship is not eligible to be combined with any other tuition scholarship;
- Scholarships are non-transferable and will only apply to the programme associated with the offer letter that contains the scholarship award.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can't defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.