Sunday Business Post MBA ScholarshipThe Sunday Business Post, in association with UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, is offering one exceptional candidate the chance of a lifetime! A scholarship to an upper value of €34,500, for the Full-time or Executive (part-time) MBA programme, starting in late August 2018.
|Open Date||30th October 2017|
|Close Date||27th November 2017|
|Value||Up to 100% tuition fees|
To enter the competition, you must fulfil at a minimum the following criteria:
- You must have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of three years' professional experience (excluding internships, summer placements, part-time or temporary work experience, etc.)
- You must answer correctly 3 GMAT questions as part of Stage 1 of the scholarship application process.
- You must have already taken or be prepared to take at short notice the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and meet the requisite score* by Monday, 19th February 2018.
*Full-time MBA: minimum GMAT score of 600 required. Executive (Part-time) MBA Midweek and Weekend delivery options: minimum GMAT score of 520 is required. Detaild information regarding the GMAT and entry requirements is available here.
To advance to the next stage of the competition, successful entrants will be required to complete an MBA online application by 11th December 2017, if they have not already done so.
Over four weeks from Sunday 29th October to Sunday 26th November applicants for the scholarship must complete Stage 1 of the scholarship application process, which involves completing a short entry form and answering 3 GMAT questions correctly.
Entrants who answer the 3 GMAT questions correctly and who also fulfil the minimum UCD Smurfit MBA entry requirements will be invited to complete Stage 2 of the process which involves completing a full application to the Smurfit MBA Programme, if they have not already done so.
Candidates deemed eligible to be considered for the MBA programme will then be invited for interview, with an overall winner selected by a panel of judges.
- Competition is open to residents of Ireland except employees of UCD and The Sunday Business Post, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The competition is open to those who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit School, for 2018 entry to the full-time or executive MBA programmes.
- The Sunday Business Post MBA Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
- Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of three years' professional experience, the required minimum score or above on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), and two references, normally from current and/or former employers and/or colleagues, subject to satisfactory review
- Shortlisted candidates will be assessed by the judging panel.
- Applicants can apply to one of three MBA programme options: One year Full-time MBA; Executive (Part-time) MBA Midweek; Executive (Part-time) MBA Weekend.
- Scholarship consists of either one year full-time MBA or two years' part-time MBA tuition fees, worth up to €34,500.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MBA programme end August 2018. The scholarship cannot be deferred and cannot be combined with any other tuition scholarship.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other MBA scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is to open to those who have applied for 2018 entry to the programme.
- Closing date for scholarship entries (Stage 1): Sunday, 26th November 2017
- Deadline for submission of MBA programme applications (Stage 2): Sunday, 10th December 2017
- Deadline for submission of GMAT Score: Monday, 19th February 2018
- The successful candidate will be notified within one week of the assessment centre.
- The MBA programme commences end August 2018.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- Winner must agree to participate in publicity, if applicable.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the competition.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can't defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.