FORA MBA ScholarshipUCD Smurfit School is delighted to partner with Fora in offering one MBA Scholarship to cover up to 100% tuition fees for the full-time or Executive MBA, commencing August 2018.
|Open Date||1st October 2017|
|Close Date||26th February 2018|
|Value||Up to 100% tuition fees|
Open to all successful applicants for the full-time MBA and Executive MBA, who are ordinarily and legally resident in Ireland, achieving the relevant minimum GMAT score or above (MBA FT: min GMAT 600; EMBA: 520 min GMAT 520). Please note the GMAT deadline is 12 February 2018.
There is no separate application process for this Scholarship. All successful applicants for the full-time MBA and Executive MBA who have met the deadlines noted below, will be considered for short-listing for the assessment centre.
Qualified applicants will be eligible to attend one assessment centre only.
Round One Scholarship Deadlines:
MBA Application Deadline:
Monday, 27 November 2017
Monday, 12 February 2018*
Assessment Centre Date:
Monday, 26 February 2018 from 9:45am to 1pm
* Please select UCD Smurfit as a recipient school for your GMAT Official Score Report on the day of the exam (University College Dublin - Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School). Score reports can take up to 20 days to become available to the School, so please email a copy of your provisional results to email@example.com (which you will receive on the day of the exam), before or on the GMAT deadline noted above. For further information please refer to the GMAC website.
- The Fora Scholarship competition is open to residents of Ireland except employees of UCD and Journal Media Ltd, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The competition is open to those who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit School for 2018 entry to the MBA programme.
- The winning candidate will be awarded a scholarship to an upper value of €34,500 towards the tuition fees of the UCD Smurfit School full-time or executive MBA programmes.
- The Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel. The decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the scholarship if the judging panel does not deem any of the candidates to be of the required calibre.
- The winning candidate has a choice of participating on the one year Full-time MBA or the Executive MBA (Midweek or Weekend option).
- Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of three years' professional experience, an acceptable score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), and two references, normally from current and/or former employers and/or colleagues.
- The scholarship winner must have taken and secured the relevant minimum GMAT test entry score by Monday, 12 February 2018.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the judging panel, and must be available in person to attend interview.
- Candidates should be available to commence the full-time or executive MBA programme in late August 2018.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other MBA scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is to open to those who have applied for 2018 entry to the programme.
- Closing date for MBA application: Monday, 27November 2018.
- Closing date for MBA application to be completed (if not already submitted): Monday 20th March 2018.
- Winning candidate will be informed following the Assessment Centre on Monday, 26 February 2018.
- Classes commence late August 2018.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- Winner must agree to participate in publicity if applicable.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can't defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.