Designed to extend your expertise in business sustainability, this programme will help you:
- Gain fundamental expertise in business sustainability.
- Network with a wide range of industry leaders, sustainability experts and governmental agencies to help foster real links in industry and the field of sustainability.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the emerging business sustainability issues.
- Acquire the key skills to integrate them so that a genuine, realistic and practical sustainability agenda can be created within the organisation.
- Build the rationale and business case for sustainability.
- Develop a thorough understanding of how to position and help change your organisation so that they can adequately respond to the sustainability agenda.
- Advise and manage change within your organisation in order to help them respond effectively to key issues in business sustainability.
The Professional Diploma in Business Sustainability is a 16-month, part-time programme. The six modules are taught over 20 days at UCD Smurfit School. The programme will commence in October 2017 and will complete in January 2019. Each module comprises three days of classroom time with the exception of Module 3 which is taught over five days. Attendance at each of the modules is mandatory as is the completion of assessments and pre-module preparation.
Successful participants will be awarded the Professional Diploma in Business Sustainability*. The qualification is accredited and awarded by UCD and is valued at 30 ECTS at NFQ Level 9. It should be noted that one ECTS is equivalent to 25-30 hours of study including classroom time. This Professional Diploma programme therefore equates to 750-900 hours of participant input.
Candidates interested in undertaking this programme should consider their ability to make this time commitment in advance of submitting an application. Should candidates wish to complete the programme but not obtain the Professional Diploma award, this is possible and will lead to the award of a Certificate of Completion which will be based on attendance at the modules and will not require post-module assignment work to be completed.