On completion of this programme, participants will have the skills to explore and find their leadership style in order to meet the challenges they face in their role and their organisation. It will enable the participant to build awareness of their leadership challenges, while identifying a range of approaches to explore and the necessary skills to implement interventions to good effect.
Specifically, the modules will:
- Enhance awareness of the participant as a leader;
- Facilitate the acquisition of the practical skills required to develop productive relationships among their team and organisational network;
- Provide feedback and support to make successful behavioural changes;
- Develop the capacity to understand the organisational challenges facing leaders today;
- Enhance self-awareness of the emotional, physical and behavioural challenges facing the participant as a leader.
This programme is delivered over a series of 6 two-day workshops within a 10–month period. Workshops are held on Fridays and Saturdays to minimise interference with busy work schedules. The programme structure is designed in order to facilitate work/lifestyles and to assist participants integrating study into their working lives while enhancing their contribution as a member of the management team.
Assessments and Workload
This programme involves no examinations – instead the emphasis throughout is on the practical application of knowledge to benefit you and your organisation. Assessment workload is spread across the duration of the programme to enable you to combine learning with work and life demands. In order to accelerate learning, between modules participants are expected to complete assigned reading from texts, cases and articles.
All continuous assessment is completed by participants either individually or in groups and this is set out in the study guide for each module. Some modules require pre-coursework in addition to the post-coursework which is set for each taught modules.