Workshop 1: An Introduction to Team Coaching (3 days) focuses on the science of team effectiveness and the importance and complexities of contracting when working with teams.
Workshop 2: Team Coaching Models and Approaches (2 days) reviews key models and processes from team coaching practice and research. We also explore the role of team diagnostics as part of the team-coaching process and highlight best practices in gathering and sharing diagnostic outcomes.
Workshop 3: Systems Thinking and Dynamics (2 days) takes a systemic approach to the environment the team operates in and the impact of the system on the team and its members.
Workshop 4: Interventions (3 days) focuses on team dynamics, how to spot, name and work with them.
Workshop 5: Building your Approach (2 days) involves an investigation of leading team diagnostics so participants can use the tool with their own clients as well as asking participants to present their personal market plan and approach to team coaching.
Meet the Faculty
Our dedicated team of faculty are widely recognised as skilled educators, ground-breaking researchers and accomplished authors. Through publishing, consulting and teaching they leverage their business expertise and field-based research to deliver programmes, encourage participants to develop new ways of thinking, widen their perspectives and to understand their own challenges and capabilities.
The faculty present topics via a range of engaging methods such as ‘action learning’ projects, case studies, role plays, individual assessment and one-on-one coaching, so as to deliver a unique and lasting learning experience.
Practitioner Programme Director Colm Murphy has a wealth of experience in all aspect of coaching. He is a successful executive and team coach with a passion for assisting leaders and their teams to achieve meaningful behavioural changes that drive business results. Colm helps leaders and teams improve their performance by raising awareness of their attitudes, assumptions and behaviours, and the impact these have on their effectiveness. He combines a strong coaching presence with extensive commercial experience coupled, along with a psychological approach to development. His area of expertise is in taking a psychological approach with teams and individuals to uncover the core agendas of his clients. Colm is currently completing his Doctorate on “How team coaching contributes to team effectiveness.
Sue is the Postgraduate Programmes Director at Novum and is an experienced executive coach, leadership development consultant and trainer, working across the private, public and not for profit sectors. She has coached managers and directors for many years both within organisations as an HR Director and externally as a consultant.
At Novum, Sue delivers leadership development & coach training programmes; both open and in house programmes and provides executive coaching. She specialises in all aspects of personal and organisational development. She not only works one to one with clients but also coaches teams to help them improve their collective performance and results; to improve the way they work together and to identify how they can develop their collective and individual leadership. Sue has considerable coaching experience and her coaching approach is drawn from different psychological areas and culminates in a supportive yet challenging style.
- Sue works with business and individuals from a cross section of sectors ranging from large multi nationals through to SME’s.
- Worked with a large UK retailer to develop and help them embed a coaching culture within their company to enable them to better utilise the skills of the people in the business.
- Prior to consultancy Sue operated as Group Management Development Director for a large UK manufacturing business.
- Recently worked with an international business based in Eastern Europe to develop and support their employee development strategy.
- Working both on a one to one basis and with teams within the SME’s sector to enhance their leadership skills to improve business performance.
- Works actively in the Education sector both as a primary and secondary school governor and as a coach.
Academic Qualifications and Professional Membership
- Post Graduate Diploma in Coaching Psychology
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business and Executive Coaching
- BSc (Hons.) Physics
- Fellow – Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Master Practitioner in NLP
- Introduced supported mentoring to Europe in early 1980s
- Co-founded European Mentoring & Coaching Council (now Special Ambassador for the EMCC)
- Visiting professor, Sheffield Hallam & Oxford Brookes Universities; external examiner, Ashridge coaching MBA
- Leads a global network of mentoring experts and trainers, Coaching and Mentoring International
- Author of 54 books (including one book of comic children’s stories)
- Latest book, The Talent Wave questions HR practice in talent management and succession planning
- One of “HR’s most influential”
- David also works in partnership to deliver expert consultancy and delivery of coaching, mentoring and leadership development programmes. The David Clutterbuck Partnership includes Coach Mentoring Ltd, Bluesky International and a pool of highly experienced experts in coaching and mentoring.
- Serial entrepreneur
- Reputation for asking “massively difficult questions” that oblige people and organisations to think
- Takes on a major learning challenge every year
- Founder of international consultancy, Clutterbuck Associates, specialising in mentoring programme design
- Works with learning and socially disabled children and adults to promote social inclusion
- Runs an organisation called ‘the professional mentor’ which supports executives and coaches with the education and development required to make that transition into a professional mentoring role.
- Loves being a granddad!
Christine Thornton is a group analyst, supervisor and consultant, author of the best-selling Group and team coaching [Routledge 2010, 2016], and many other books and papers. She is Convenor of the IGA organisational training, the Diploma in Reflective Organisational Practice.
Christine’s work enables better understanding of unconscious and systemic dynamics in organisational relationships. She has applied group analysis in team coaching, supervision groups, large groups, action learning sets and professional development groups, in over twenty-five years’ consulting to organisations, and has been honoured for contributions to the coaching profession. She has held senior leadership positions, most recently national clinical director at icap www.icap.org.uk 2011-14.
Pauline is one of the UK’s leading experts in field of Coaching & Mentoring and in addition to her work as an executive coach and coach supervisor she specialises in the development of competency based assessment and evaluation processes for measuring coaching and mentoring practice and evaluating programme success.
A BPS Chartered Occupational Psychologist and Member of the APS College of Organisational Psychologists, Pauline is both qualified and highly experienced as a Business and Coaching Psychologist. Her professionalism and leadership within the field has led to her election as Chair of the BPS Coaching Psychology Forum and appointment as External Advisor for the MA Programme in Coaching & Mentoring at Oxford Brookes University. Pauline sits on the editorial panel of The Coaching Psychologist and as a member of the CIPD’s advisory panel for Coaching & Mentoring practice has made a significant contribution to the CIPD Buyers guide for Coaching Services. She also leads the European Mentoring & Coaching Council’s Standards project to create European Standards for coach training and practice. Coaching Experience
Pauline provides one-to-one executive and performance coaching for leaders and high potentials. Her international experience ranges from working with young, dynamic and entrepreneurial leaders of technology based SME’s through to director level leaders in large blue chip financial corporates. A key focus on supporting the achievement of leadership potential as well as integrating personal goals for success with both short and long term business objectives.