The Bord Bia Marketing Fellowship programme is just one of an innovative suite of talent development programmes run in conjunction with UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School which also serve to support the growth of the Irish food, drink and horticultural industry on a global scale.
The 18-month* action learning programme involves commercial assignments on behalf of Irish food, drink and horticultural companies in 12 key international markets. Classroom-based taught modules and skills training and development take place in UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School during a number of block release visits back to Dublin. All applicants will undergo a selection process and candidates demonstrating the most potential to add value to the Irish food and drink industry will be selected.
Employment prospects from these programmes are outstanding with numerous companies regularly recruiting directly from the programmes, including Kerry, Glanbia, Ornua, Teelings Whiskey, Keoghs Crisps, Dawn Farm Foods, Dairygold, among many more.
Bord Bia and UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School have commenced recruitment for 20 students to take part in the next Bord Bia Marketing Fellowship programme (MSc International Marketing Practice) which commences in June 2018.
For further information on the application process visit www.smurfitschool.ie/bordbia.
* It has been proposed to extend this programme from 12 to 18-months but this is subject to confirmation.
Develop relations with Sector Managers/Overseas office manager/TMS/Other Bord Bia and UCD employees in order to:
- Attend pre-agreed trade events and seminars in search of information or leads which will enhance the successful delivery assignments.
- Attend meetings and organise itineraries relevant to projects.
- Participate in reviews and planning during each assignment.
- Submit progress reports/recommendations during the course of assignment.
- Develop and maintain updated sector overviews.
- Facilitate buyer contact on behalf of clients and other companies.
- Develop and capitalise on business and promotional opportunities for clients and other Irish food manufacturers.
- Deliver insight to clients through market research on the dynamics of the market, market entry planning and consumer issues affecting export markets.
- Understand/appreciate strategic plans and sectoral strategies through close collaboration with Bord Bia sector managers and trade marketing specialists.
- Undertake company- and product-specific market research for clients.
- Work on increasing the export business of clients through various sales/business development activities.
- Maintain and document project management progress.
- Create specific assignment/ project plans.
- Delivery of client assignments to an exceptional standard.
a. Share market intelligence and exchange ideas of mutual benefit;
b. Broaden and deepen insight into food industry clients;
c. Ensure consistency of message in assignment and other work.
- Collaborate with Bord Bia Information Services (Library) and other Bord Bia resources, for value adding to client assignments.
- Ambassadorial Role: Cross–Sell opportunities in partnership with Bord Bia
- Identify growth and business opportunities for Bord Bia clients
- Develop and manage promotional opportunities
- Facilitate buyer contact
- Enhance Bord Bia as knowledge leader in industry
- Support strategic marketing programmes of the overseas office
- Support implementation of strategies
- Expenses management/administration
- UCD Programme Management Team and Faculty
- Bord Bia:
- Overseas Office Manager
- Overseas Trade Marketing Specialists
- Sector Manager(s) Dublin
- Information Services Team, Dublin (including IT, Strategic Research Team, Library)
- Corporate Marketing Services (Events Management, Brand Manager)
- Communications Department (Communications team, Bord Bia)
- International Markets Team (multi-office)
- Client companies
- State agencies and other trade/industry representative bodies (public & private sector) with an interest