Diploma in Pharmaceutical Business Management
Diploma in Pharmaceutical Business Management Summary
|Duration: 8 months ||
|Schedule: 6 weekend workshops
|Starting: Next intake starts in October 2013 (see 'Key Features' for module dates)
|Fees: PMI Members €4,995 Non Members €5,495
|Programme Director: Prof. Patrick Gibbons
The Pharmaceutical Managers' Institute of Ireland is dedicated to fostering excellence in management practice among its members, through education, partnership and social interaction. Having been recognised by the Institute that there is no formal academic qualification in the area of business management, the PMI is partnered with UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School to deliver a structured educational programme leading to a professional Diploma in Pharmaceutical Business Management.
This programme is designed to address critical commercial needs specific to the Irish pharmaceutical market. It is envisaged that this qualification will become the industry standard for commercial business managers within the Irish pharmaceutical industry.
Who is this programme for?
- Existing managers within the pharmaceutical industry who wish to learn about other aspects of the business and at the same time receive a formal qualification which could assist in gaining promotion.
- Pharmaceutical professionals operating at a senior level wishing to advance to a supervisory role.
- Professionals from other industries looking to establish a career in the pharmaceutical industry. This qualification will serve as an introduction and will enhance the skills and experience they bring from their industries.
Previous Participants include:
- Finance Manager at Daiichi-Sankyo
- Project Manager at Ashfield Healthcare
- Portfolio Marketing Manager at Abbott
- Associate Sales Director at Shire
- Planning and Reporting Manager at Pfizer Healthcare Ireland
- Director of Supply Chain and Operational Excellence at Alkermes Pharma Ireland
- Business Manager - Ireland at Celgene
- Commercial Manager at Movianto
- Retail Sales Manager (Commercial) at Pfizer Healthcare Ireland
What will I get from this programme?
- The opportunity to develop your understanding of the pharmaceutical industry from a business perspective.
- Understanding of key business management principles, practice and tools in relation to pharmaceutical market dynamics, financial management, sales, marketing, supply chain and leadership.
- Increased managerial effectiveness through the application of theoretical knowledge and practice.
- Evaluation and appraisal of financial and market data to improve competitiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to communicate, influence and interact effectively with peers, customers and direct reports.
Speak To Us