What will I learn?
On successful completion of this course, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of important management ideas, frameworks and models. You will have expanded your analytical capacity to comprehend and assess real business environments and challenges and will be supported in your learning through a range of supports from faculty and staff. In addition, by working in groups and participating in a range of extra curricular workshops and seminars, you will be encouraged to develop your personal and professional skills.
How will I benefit?
This course offers a broad range of management subjects and the experience of a very diverse classroom environment. Both contribute to an especially rich learning experience that typically results in a host of employment opportunities in highly reputable international companies. Our MSc Management programme is:
- One of the most comprehensive courses with one of the most diverse student bodies at UCD Smurfit School. This makes for a truly unique academic and practical grounding in business.
- Facilitated by internationally educated academics and industry experts who bring a range of experiences and industry-relevant know-how to their classrooms.
- An attractive recruitment ground for an array of international companies, including AIB, Coca-Cola, Henkel, Unilever, Ernst & Young, Accenture, JP Morgan, Paypal, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Google.
The intensive grounding in management provided is reflected in the breadth and depth of the 12 core modules that all students have to take over the 12 months on the course.
- Exposure to current management thinking and perspectives.
- Encouragement to develop your capacity to identify and critically analyse a variety of business problems and to provide solutions in both local and international settings.
- An opportunity to develop your interpersonal, communication and management skills through group interactions, case discussions, presentations and our end of year business simulation exercise.
- The chance to develop the range of skills required to undertake and complete independent research and project work.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Summer Term|