Achiever MBA ScholarshipsThe Achiever MBA Scholarships, sponsored by NTR plc, aim to attract the very best students to study at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School. These merit based scholarships cover the full tuition fees for either the MBA or Executive MBA. GMAT score 700 or above required.
|Open Date||1st October 2018|
|Close Date||1st March 2019|
|Value||Up to 3 awards of up to 100% tuition fees|
NTR has a strong heritage of entrepreneurship, excellence and innovation and in keeping with that tradition is delighted to sponsor up to 3 ACHIEVER MBA scholarships per year in UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.
Open to all successful MBA scoring 700 or above on the GMAT and Executive MBA applicants scoring 700 or above on the GMAT or 149 and above in the Executive Assessment (EA)and cover full tuition fees. Please note that the GMAT/EA deadline 12th April 2019.
Unless otherwise stated all MBA and EMBA scholarships will follow Round One and/or Round Two deadlines noted below.
Assessment Centres are intended for applicants residing in Ireland only (i.e. not applicable for international applicants living outside Ireland). Qualified applicants will be eligible to attend one assessment centre only.
Given that scholarships are limited and highly competitive there is no guarantee that additional scholarships will be offered post Round One, unless specified. Early application is recommended.
All scholarships are subject to change without notice.
MBA Application Deadline:
Monday, 1 March 2019
Monday, 12 April 2019*
Assessment Centre Date:
*Please select UCD Smurfit as a recipient school for your GMAT Official Score Report on the day of the exam (University College Dublin - Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School). Score reports can take up to 20 days to become available to the School, so please email a copy of your provisional results to email@example.com (which you will receive on the day of the exam), before or on the GMAT deadline noted above. For further information please refer to the GMAC website.
There is no separate application process for these scholarships. All successful applicants for the MBA or the Executive MBA are automatically considered. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Scholarships may be awarded prior to the closing date to exceptional candidates. Early application is recommended.
NB As scholarships are limited and there is significant competition, applicants residing in Ireland may be required to attend an assessment centre as part of the scholarship review process.
- The Achiever MBA Scholarships, sponsored by NTR plc aim to attract the very best students to study at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
- Open to all successful MBA scoring 700 or above on the GMAT and Executive MBA applicants scoring 700 or above on the GMAT or 149 and above in the Executive Assessment (EA)and cover full tuition fees. Please note that the GMAT/EA deadline 12th April 2019.
- In order to be eligible to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must have ‘Offer’, or ‘Accept’ status associated with their application by by the GMAT deadline 12th April 2019;
- Only complete applications received before the scholarship deadline will be considered;
- Successful candidates will be selected on merit paired with a holistic review of their scholarship application;
- Once scholarship awards are issued, students must accept this offer within two weeks of the notification being distributed by the committee. It is the student’s responsibility to formally accept the scholarship offer, a non-response will be considered as declining the offer;
- Decisions will be made by the Scholarship Committee and candidates will be notified within two weeks of the committee decision. All decisions are final;
- Students awarded the Achiever MBA Scholarship will be required to complete a module or series of modules, agreed between the donor and the School, and reflecting the following values: excellence, innovation, securing a greener future, entrepreneurship;
- Students awarded a scholarship must commit to attending UCD Smurfit Open Events where required. Students may also be required to participate in promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MBA blog, or other forms of promotional activity as required). Scholars are expected to assist occasionally as ambassadors for the School;
- The issued scholarship will be deducted from the student’s University fee account;
- Continuous full time enrolment and attendance is required to retain a scholarship award;
- A student who withdraws, cancels or becomes inactive, enrols less than full-time, is suspended, or dismissed from the University will lose his/her scholarship eligibility. A student who takes such a status due to medical reasons may appeal in writing to Scholarship Committee to have his/her scholarship reinstated. The appeal must be submitted with supporting documentation, such as a letter from a doctor. In such a case, for there to be a possibility for reinstatement, a student’s leave from the University cannot exceed two consecutive semesters;
- A student who declines an initial offer of admission and accompanying scholarship offer will not retain his/her scholarship offer if he/she reapplies at a later date;
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future date;
- This scholarship is not eligible to be combined with any other tuition scholarship;
- Scholarships are non-transferable and will only apply to the programme associated with the offer letter that contains the scholarship award.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students cannot defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.