The Air Finance Journal (AFJ) Scholarship supported by CDB AviationUCD Smurfit School is offering female EU and non-EU applicants for the MSc in Aviation Finance full-time, the chance to win a scholarship to cover half the tuition fees for this course in 2023/24.
|Open Date||6th February 2023|
|Close Date||30th May 2023|
|Value||50% tuition fees|
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School with CDB Aviation is offering female EU and non-EU applicants for the MSc Aviation Finance 2023/24 Full-Time the chance to win a scholarship to cover 50% of the tuition fees for this course. All course applications submitted before the deadline of 30th May 2023 will be considered for this scholarship.
- An undergraduate degree result equivalent to an Irish first class honours (Hons 1.1)
- A strong curriculum vitae / resume
- Excellently written essay question answers in the course application. There are two at 300 words each.
- If applicable to you when applying, our minimum English Language Requirement being met. That is an overall IELTS of minimum 7.0, TOEFL 100 / 120 (or equivalent scores in a test we recognise).
Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.
- This Scholarship is only open to female candidates.
- This Scholarship is open to EU non-EU applicants, except employees of UCD, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The scholarship is limited to those who will have submitted a complete application directly to UCD Smurfit School for 2023 entry to the MSc Aviation Finance full-time by 30th May 2023 and who hold a full, unconditional offer from the School by 30th May 2023.
- The Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by the judging panel in The School in the second half of June 2023.
- The prize consists of half tuition fees for 2023/24.
- The judging panel reserves the right to split the prize fund amongst winners.
- The continuation of the scholarship funding for semester 2 (2023/2024) is subject to the awardee making satisfactory progress on the programme and passing all exams at the end of semester one.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MSc Aviation Finance full-time programme in late August 2023.
- The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is to open to those who have applied for 2023 entry to the programme.
- Closing date for entries: 5pm (GMT) on 30th May 2023.
- Interviews will be scheduled in the second half of June 2023.
- Winning candidate will be informed in the first week of July 2023.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- The winner must agree to participate in publicity if applicable.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
To apply for this scholarship, candidates must submit a course application for the MSc Aviation Finance Full-Time. The deadline for submitting the completed application to the programme is 5pm (GMT) on 30th May 2023. There is no separate applications process for this Scholarship therefore it is based on the quality of your actual course application. All those holding a Full, Unconditional Offer by 30th May 2023 will be automatically considered.
To apply to the programme click here
If you would like more information on this scholarship or our MSc programme, please contact UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +353 1 716 4321.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can't defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.