The Cormac Costelloe Dell Financial Services ScholarshipUCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is offering a Full-Time MSc applicant the chance to receive a scholarship to cover the full tuition fees for the MSc in Finance.
|Open Date||1st December 2020|
|Close Date||1st August 2021|
|Value||100% of the EU or non-EU tuition fees|
- An applicant already holding an overall Hons 1.1 degree result (or international equivalent) or who achieves this same overall degree result in summer before the start of the programme.
- Excellently written essay question answers in the course application as well as an excellent online Kira interview as part of the online application to the programme.
There is no separate application process for this one Scholarship. All course applications submitted before the deadline of 1st August 2021 will be considered for this scholarship. Those successful applicants who hold a Full or Conditional Offer and who have accepted that offer for the full-time MSc Finance by 15th August 2021 are automatically considered. Following that, The School will then select a small short list and have a winner chosen by the end of August 2021.
1. This scholarship is open to EU or non-EU applicants except full-time employees of UCD.
2. The scholarship is limited to those who will have submitted a complete application directly to UCD Smurfit School entry to the MSc Finance full-time and who hold a full, unconditional offer from The School.
3. The scholarship will be awarded to a candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified.
4. The scholarship consists of full tuition fees for the upcoming academic year.
5. The judging panel reserves the right to split the scholarship fund amongst a small number of winners.
6. The continuation of the scholarship funding is subject to the awardee passing all exams at the end of trimester one.
7. Candidates must be available to commence the MSc Finance full-time programme in early September of that academic year.
8. The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School.
9. Closing date for applications: 1st August 2021
10. The winning candidate will be informed by the end of August 2021.
11. Classes commence in early September of each academic year.
12. No cash alternative.
13. No substitutions allowed.
14. The winner must agree to participate in publicity if applicable.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.