Michael Smurfit MBA ScholarshipThe Michael Smurfit MBA Scholarship will be awarded to an academically exceptional student who has demonstrated leadership and impact achievements in their career to date. They will be an ambassador for the Smurfit MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation.
|Open Date||1st October 2019|
|Close Date||1st March 2020|
|Value||One award of up to 100% tuition fees|
This scholarship will be awarded to an academically exceptional student who also has demonstrated leadership and impact achievements in their career to date. They will be an ambassador for the Smurfit MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation.
This merit based scholarship covers up to the full tuition fees for either the MBA or Executive MBA. GMAT score 700 or above required, or 149 and above in the Executive Assessment (EA)
Open to all successful MBA applicants scoring 700 or above on the GMAT and Executive MBA applicants scoring 700 or above on the GMAT or 149 and above in the Executive Assessment (EA)and cover full tuition fees.
Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.
Unless otherwise stated all MBA and EMBA scholarships will follow Round One and/or Round Two deadlines noted below.
Assessment Centres are intended for applicants residing in Ireland only (i.e. not applicable for international applicants living outside Ireland). Qualified applicants will be eligible to attend one assessment centre only.
Given that scholarships are limited and highly competitive there is no guarantee that additional scholarships will be offered post Round One, unless specified. Early application is recommended.
All scholarships are subject to change without notice.
Round One Scholarship Deadlines:
MBA Application Deadline:
1st March 2020
17th April 2020
Assessment Centre Date:
* Please select UCD Smurfit as a recipient school for your GMAT Official Score Report on the day of the exam (University College Dublin - Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School). Score reports can take up to 20 days to become available to the School, so please email a copy of your provisional results to email@example.com (which you will receive on the day of the exam), before or on the GMAT deadline noted above. For further information please refer to the GMAC website.
There is no separate application process for this scholarship. All successful applicants for the MBA and Executive MBA are automatically considered. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Scholarships may be awarded prior to the closing date to exceptional candidates. Early application is recommended.
NB As scholarships are limited and there is significant competition, applicants residing in Ireland may be required to attend an assessment centre as part of the scholarship review process.
Assessment Centre Date: 1st April 2020.
- The Michael Smurfit MBA Scholarship will be awarded to an academically exceptional student who also has demonstrated leadership and impact achievements in their career to date. They will be an ambassador for the Smurfit MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation.
- The scholarship is Open to all successful MBA applicants scoring 700 or above on the GMAT and Executive MBA applicants scoring 700 or above on the GMAT or 149 and above in the Executive Assessment (EA)and cover full tuition fees. Please note that the GMAT/EA deadline 17th April 2020.
- In order to be eligible to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must have ‘Offer’, or ‘Accept’ status associated with their application by the GMAT deadline 17th April 2020.
- Only complete applications received before the scholarship deadline will be considered.
- The successful candidate will be selected on merit paired with a holistic review of their MBA application.
- Once scholarship awards are issued, students must accept this offer within two weeks of the notification being distributed by the committee. It is the student’s responsibility to formally accept the scholarship offer, a non-response will be considered as declining the offer.
- Decisions will be made by the Scholarship Committee and candidates will be notified within two weeks of the committee decision. All decisions are final.
- Students awarded a scholarship must commit to attending UCD Smurfit Open Events where required. Students may also be required to participate in promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MBA blog, or other forms of promotional activity as required). Scholars are expected to assist occasionally as ambassadors for the School.
- The issued scholarship will be deducted from the student’s University fee account.
- Continuous full time enrolment and attendance is required to retain a scholarship award.
- A student who withdraws, cancels or becomes inactive, enrols less than full-time, is suspended, or dismissed from the University will lose his/her scholarship eligibility. A student who takes such a status due to medical reasons may appeal in writing to Scholarship Committee to have his/her scholarship reinstated. The appeal must be submitted with supporting documentation, such as a letter from a doctor. In such a case, for there to be a possibility for reinstatement, a student’s leave from the University cannot exceed two consecutive semesters.
- A student who declines an initial offer of admission and accompanying scholarship offer will not retain his/her scholarship offer if he/she reapplies at a later date.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future date.
- This scholarship is not eligible to be combined with any other tuition scholarship.
- Scholarships are non-transferable and will only apply to the programme associated with the offer letter that contains the scholarship award.