Michael Smurfit MSc ScholarshipsThe Michael Smurfit MSc Scholarships are open to all MSc applicants to UCD Smurfit School who hold Irish citizenship.
|Open Date||1st November 2018|
|Close Date||15th March 2019|
|Value||100% tuition fees|
The Michael Smurfit MSc Scholarships aim to attract the highest calibre students from within Ireland. These scholarships will be awarded to academically exceptional students who have also demonstrated leadership and impact achievements. They will be an ambassador for the Smurfit MSc Programme and the School during their studies and after graduation.
These merit based scholarships are open to all applicants to UCD Smurfit School who hold Irish citizenship and cover the full tuition fees for the MSc Programme the candidate is joining.
To be eligible, candidates must already hold either a Full or Conditional offer to a full-time or part-time UCD Smurfit School MSc by 15th March 2019. That is, they must have applied online for that programme by 15th March 2019, hold an offer of a place and accepted that offer by 31st March 2019. To be in consideration, students must be a graduate of an Irish Higher Educational Institution or be graduating in summer 2019. A candidate must hold an Honours 1.1 Bachelor (Hons) Level 8 degree result or be on track to secure an Hons 1.1 degree result in summer 2019.
There is no separate application process for this Scholarship. All successful applicants who are citizens of Ireland, holding a Full or Conditional Offer and who have accepted that offer, for a full-time or part-time MSc by 31st March 2019, are automatically considered.
- To be considered, a candidate must be a graduate of an Irish Higher Educational Institution or be due to graduate in summer 2019. A candidate must hold an Hons 1.1 Bachelor (Hons) Level 8 degree result by latest 15th July 2019.
- Candidates interested in being considered for this Scholarship must have applied online to the programme by 15th March 2019, hold a Full Offer from the School and have accepted that offer by 31st March 2019.
- All decisions are final. Decisions will be made no later than 25th July 2019 but may be made before that date.
- Successful candidates can be awarded one Scholarship only. No candidate will be awarded more than one Scholarship or Bursary. These scholarships are valid for entry to one of the MSc Programmes starting in September 2019.
- Scholars may also be required to participate in media promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MSc open evenings, or other forms of promotional activity as required).
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can't defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.