Michael Smurfit MSc ScholarshipsThe Michael Smurfit MSc Scholarships are open to all MSc applicants to UCD Smurfit School who hold Irish citizenship.
|Open Date||1st November 2019|
|Close Date||29th May 2020|
|Value||100% tuition fees|
The Michael Smurfit MSc Scholarships aim to attract the highest calibre students from within Ireland. These scholarships will be awarded to academically exceptional students who have also demonstrated leadership and impact achievements. They will be an ambassador for the Smurfit MSc Programme and the School during their studies and after graduation.
These merit based scholarships are open to all applicants to UCD Smurfit School who hold Irish citizenship and cover the full tuition fees for the MSc Programme the candidate is joining.
To be eligible, candidates must already hold either a Full or Conditional offer to a full-time or part-time UCD Smurfit School MSc by 29th May 2020. That is, they must have applied online for that programme by 15th May 2020, hold an offer of a place and accepted that offer by 29th May 2020. To be in consideration, students must be a graduate of an Irish Higher Educational Institution or be graduating in summer 2020. A candidate must hold an Honours 1.1 Bachelor (Hons) Level 8 degree result or be on track to secure an Hons 1.1 degree result in summer 2020.
Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.
There is no separate application process for this Scholarship. All successful applicants who are citizens of Ireland, holding a Full or Conditional Offer and who have accepted that offer, for a full-time or part-time MSc by 29th May 2020, are automatically considered.
- To be considered, a candidate must be a graduate of an Irish Higher Educational Institution or be due to graduate in summer 2019. A candidate must hold an Hons 1.1 Bachelor (Hons) Level 8 degree result by latest 15th July 2020.
- Candidates interested in being considered for this Scholarship must have applied online to the programme by 15th May 2020, hold a Full Offer from the School and have accepted that offer by 29th May 2020.
- All decisions are final. Decisions will be made no later than 25th July 2020 but may be made before that date.
- Successful candidates can be awarded one Scholarship only. No candidate will be awarded more than one Scholarship or Bursary. These scholarships are valid for entry to one of the MSc Programmes starting in September 2020. Note this scholarship does not apply to Smurfit Executive Development programmes.
- Scholars may also be required to participate in media promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MSc open evenings, or other forms of promotional activity as required).