MSc in Business Analytics Derek O’Connor Scholarship sponsored by Next Generation RecruitmentUCD Smurfit School have partnered with Next Generation Recruitment to offer MSc Business Analytics applicants (full- & part-time) the chance to win a scholarship covering full-time EU Fees.
|Open Date||27th March 2019|
|Close Date||28th June 2019|
|Value||100% EU tuition fees|
We’re delighted to support the increasing importance of data science and this growing global sector, by offering a full scholarship to cover full-time EU Fees on the MSc in Business Analytics in partnership with Next Generation Recruitment, founders and hosts of the DatSciAwards.
- A first-class honours undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a field including quantitative content, suitable for admission to the MSc in Business Analytics;
- If applicable, an English Language Requirement of IELTS 7.0 or better or TOEFL 100/120.
Any applicant who meets the above criteria and has accepted a place on the MSc in Business Analytics by 28th June 2019 (in the year of Scholarship commencement) will be eligible to apply for the Scholarship by writing to the Programme Manager Annmarie Connolly [email@example.com] by 28th June 2019 stating that they wish to be considered for the Scholarship.
Applicants will then be shortlisted according to the following criteria:
- Academic and relevant non-academic accomplishments as reflected in the applicant’s curriculum vitae and transcripts submitted as part of the application to the MSc in Business Analytics.
- Quality of written essays in the MSc in Business Analytics application form.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview, to take place in UCD Smurfit School in the weeks following 28th June 2019. The winner will be chosen on the basis of the above criteria as well as Performance at interview.
The interview/judging panel will include representatives from UCD Management Information Systems faculty, from UCD Centre for Applied Data Analytics (CeADAR) and from Next Generation Recruitment.
The winning candidate will be informed of the result by end of July 2019.
- An Irish first class honours (Hons 1.1) undergraduate degree result (or equivalent)
- A strong curriculum vitae / resume
- Excellently written essay question answers in the course application. There are two at 300 words each
- If applicable to you when applying, our minimum English Language Requirement met with an overall IELTS of minimum 7.0, TOEFL 100 / 120 (or equivalent in a test we recognise).
- The Scholarship is open to both Irish residents and international applicants except employees of UCD and Next Generation Recruitment, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The competition is limited to those who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit School for 2019 entry to the MSc in Business Analytics (full- & part-time).
- The Next Generation MSc in Business Analytics Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by the judging panel.
- Prize consists of full-time EU tuition fees, worth up to a maximum value of €13,995*.
- The continuation of the scholarship funding for Semester/Year 2 is subject to the awardee making satisfactory progress on the programme and passing all exams at the end of Semester/Year 1.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MSc Business Analytics programme in early September 2019 following application. Deferral of the prize or the place on the programme is not allowed.
- Closing date for entries: 28th June 2019
- Interviews will be scheduled in July 2019.
- The winning candidate will be informed by end of July 2019.
- Classes commence in early September 2019.
- The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School.
- There is no cash alternative.
- No substitutions are allowed.
- The winning candidate agrees to participate in publicity if applicable.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
- The panel’s decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
*Fees subject to change
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can't defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.