MSc Scholarship for American CitizensUCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School has created a new Business Leadership International Scholarship for selected US students who have demonstrated an outstanding academic record and exhibit business leadership potential. The 50% tuition scholarship is available to full-time MSc students, across any programme, who are US citizens.
|Open Date||January 2020|
|Close Date||29th May 2020|
|Value||50% of the tuition fees|
- An applicant already holding the equivalent to an Irish Hons 1.1 or Hons 2.1 degree result or who will get this overall same overall degree result in summer 2020. Specifically, candidates must achieve a degree result of a CGPA of no lower than 3.50 out of 4.0 on the American university grading scale. We will of course accept American candidates who may hold an Honours Bachelor degree result as above from other countries as long as they are equivalent to an Irish Hons 1.1 or Hons 2.1.
- Excellently written essay as part of the online application to the MSc programme.
There is no separate application process for these scholarships.
All successful applicants who apply to a UCD Smurfit School MSc programme by 29th May 2020, who hold a full or conditional offer and who have accepted that offer for the full-time programme by 15th June 2020 are automatically considered.
Successful candidates will be notified by July 1st 2020.
1. The scholarship consists of 50% of tuition fees for the upcoming academic year.
2. Scholarships are open to citizens of the U.S.A. (Excludes full-time employees of UCD.)
3. Scholarships are limited to those who have submitted a complete application to a full-time MSc programme directly to UCD Smurfit School; and who hold a full or conditional offer by the indicated dates.
4. The Scholarship is not open to recipients of any other Scholarships awarded by UCD Smurfit School.
5. Scholarships will be awarded to candidates deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel.
6. The judging panel reserves the right to divide the award amongst candidates.
7. The winning candidates will be informed in the first week of July 2020 at the latest.
8. Candidates must be available to commence the full-time programme in September of that academic year.
9. Classes commence in early September 2020.
10. The continuation of the scholarship funding for trimester 2 is subject to the awardee making satisfactory progress on the programme and passing all exams at the end of trimester one.
11. No cash alternative.
12. No substitutions allowed.
13. The winners must agree to participate in publicity if applicable.
14. Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School—MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business—are not eligible for Scholarships.
15. Winning candidates will be expected to act as ambassadors to the School during their course duration, which may entail attendance at events, content creation and other similar duties.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and are successful, cannot add or combine awards. Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year and will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit School. For example, students cannot defer their place in UCD Smurfit School to a future year.
Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School—MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business—are not eligible for Scholarships.