Regional Merit Based MBA ScholarshipsCultural diversity is at the core of the UCD Smurfit community and to further promote this within the MBA, multiple regional merit based scholarships will be awarded to exceptional candidates who will be ambassadors for the UCD Smurfit MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation. These merit based scholarships generally cover 50% of the tuition fees for the MBA. In exceptional cases however, they can cover up to 100% of the tuition fees.
|Open Date||1st October 2018|
|Close Date||31st January 2019|
|Value||Up to 100% tuition fees|
Our Regional Merit Based MBA scholarships are awarded to applicants from the following regions:
- Asia and Australasia
- Central and Eastern Europe
- North, South and Central America
- Western Europe
- Middle East and Africa
Open to all successful international MBA applicants, achieving a minimum GMAT score of 600 or above. Please note that the Round One GMAT deadline is 12th February 2018 and the Round Two deadline is 14th May 2018.
Dual passport holders may apply (i.e. US/ Irish passport)
Unless otherwise stated all MBA and EMBA scholarships will follow Round One and/or Round Two deadlines noted below.
Given that scholarships are limited and highly competitive there is no guarantee that additional scholarships will be offered post Round One, unless specified. Early application is recommended.
All scholarships are subject to change without notice.
Round One Scholarship Deadlines:
MBA Application Deadline:
Monday, 27 November 2017
Monday, 12 February 2018*
Round Two Scholarship Deadlines:
MBA Application Deadline:
Monday, 26 February 2018
Monday, 14 May 2018*
* Please select UCD Smurfit as a recipient school for your GMAT Official Score Report on the day of the exam (University College Dublin - Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School). Score reports can take up to 20 days to become available to the School, so please email a copy of your provisional results to email@example.com (which you will receive on the day of the exam), before or on the GMAT deadline noted above. For further information please refer to the GMAC website.
There is no separate application process for these scholarships. All successful applicants for the MBA or the Executive MBA are automatically considered. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Scholarships may be awarded prior to the closing date to exceptional candidates. Early application is recommended.
NB As scholarships are limited and there is significant competition, applicants residing in Ireland may be required to attend an assessment centre as part of the scholarship review process.
Round One Assessment Centre Date: Monday, 26th February 2018 from 9:45am to 1pm.
Round Two Assessment Centre Date: Monday, 28th May 2018 from 9:45am to 1pm.
- The Regional Merit Based Scholarships are funded by UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School and will be awarded to exceptional candidates who will be ambassadors for the MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation;
- The scholarships are open to all successful international applicants to the full-time MBA, residing outside Ireland, who hold a GMAT score of 600 or above by Round One GMAT deadline 12th February 2018 or Round Two deadline 14th May 2018;
- In order to be eligible to be considered for these scholarships, applicants must have ‘Offer’, or ‘Accept’ status associated with their application by Round One GMAT deadline 12th February 2018 or Round Two deadline 14th May 2018;
- Only complete applications received before the scholarship deadline will be considered;
- Successful candidates will be selected on merit paired with a holistic review of their MBA application;
- Once scholarship awards are issued, students must accept this offer within two weeks of the notification being distributed by the committee. It is the student’s responsibility to formally accept the scholarship offer, a non-response will be considered as declining the offer;
- Decisions will be made by the Scholarship Committee and candidates will be notified within two weeks of the committee decision. All decisions are final;
- Students awarded a scholarship must commit to attending UCD Smurfit Open Events where required. Students may also be required to participate in promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MBA blog, or other forms of promotional activity as required). Scholars are expected to assist occasionally as ambassadors for the School;
- The issued scholarship will be deducted from the student’s University fee account;
- Continuous full time enrolment and attendance is required to retain a scholarship award;
- A student who withdraws, cancels or becomes inactive, enrols less than full-time, is suspended, or dismissed from the University will lose his/her scholarship eligibility. A student who takes such a status due to medical reasons may appeal in writing to Scholarship Committee to have his/her scholarship reinstated. The appeal must be submitted with supporting documentation, such as a letter from a doctor. In such a case, for there to be a possibility for reinstatement, a student’s leave from the University cannot exceed two consecutive semesters;
- A student who declines an initial offer of admission and accompanying scholarship offer will not retain his/her scholarship offer if he/she reapplies at a later date;
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future date;
- This scholarship is not eligible to be combined with any other tuition scholarship;
- Scholarships are non-transferable and will only apply to the programme associated with the offer letter that contains the scholarship award.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can't defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.