The ICBC Leasing Aircraft Leasing ScholarshipICBC International Leasing Company Limited are offering two full-time MSc Aviation Finance applicants the chance to win a scholarship to cover 50% of their tuition fees for 2021/22.
|Open Date||1st December 2020|
|Close Date||1st March 2021|
|Value||50% of the EU or the non-EU tuition fees|
1. An undergraduate degree result of a first class honours (Hons 1.1) or international equivalent.
2. A strong curriculum vitae / resume.
3. Excellently written essay question answers in the course application. There are two at 300 words each.
4. If required by a candidate, an overall IELTS of minimum 7.0, TOEFL 100 / 120 or equivalent scores in a test we recognise for our English Language Requirements.
There is no separate application process for these two Scholarships. All course applications submitted before the deadline of 1st March 2021 will be considered for this scholarship. Following assessment of the course applications and those holding Full, Unconditional Offers and who have accepted their place by 1st April 2021, The School will then select the two winners by 30th June 2021.
1. This scholarship is open to all applicants except full-time employees of UCD and except from employees of ICBC and related companies.
2. The scholarship is limited to those who will have submitted a complete application directly to UCD Smurfit School entry to the MSc Aviation Finance full-time and who hold a full, unconditional offer from The School.
3. The scholarship consists of half tuition fees for the upcoming academic year.
4. The judging panel reserves the right to split the scholarship fund amongst more than the two winners. The expectation is that a maximum of four winners could be selected.
5. The continuation of the scholarship funding is subject to the awardee passing all exams at the end of the first trimester.
6. Candidates must be available to commence the MSc Aviation Finance full-time programme in early September of the 2021/22 academic year.
7. The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School.
8. Winning candidates will be informed in the last week of June 2021 at the latest.
9. Classes commence in early September 2021.
10. No cash alternative.
11. No substitutions allowed.
12. Canvassing will disqualify.
13. The winner must agree to participate in publicity if applicable.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development or UCD Belfield campus.