TheJournal.ie MBA ScholarshipUCD Smurfit School is delighted to partner with thejournal.ie in offering one MBA Scholarship to cover up to 100% tuition fees for a choice of the full-time MBA, Executive part-time MBA and the modular part-time MBA, commencing August 2022.
|Open Date||16th November 2021|
|Close Date||25th February 2022|
|GMAT / EA Deadline||31st March 2022|
|Value||One scholarship up to 100% of tuition fees|
Open to all successful applicants for the full-time MBA, Executive part-time MBA and the modular part-time MBA, who are resident in Ireland, achieving the relevant minimum GMAT score or above.
GMAT: Full-Time MBA; preferred minimum score of 600. Executive MBA; GMAT preferred minimum score of 520 or above.
GMAC Executive Assessment (EA): EA score of 151 and above is required for the full-time MBA. A score of 149 and above is required for the EMBA and Modular MBA programmes
Successful candidates will be selected on merit, paired with a holistic review of their MBA application. The scholarship will be awarded to candidates deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD MBA Admissions Committee. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award scholarships if no candidates of the required calibre are identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
Please note the GMAT/EA deadline is 31st March 2022.
There is no separate application process for this Scholarship. All successful applicants who have met the deadlines noted, will be considered for short-listing for this scholarship.
Applicants may be required to attend a Scholarship Assessment Centre in Spring 2022 as a final interview stage. This will be communicated to successful applicants at the time.
MBA Application Deadline:
25th February 2022
31st March 2022
* Please select UCD Smurfit as a recipient school for your GMAT/EA Official Score Report on the day of the exam (University College Dublin - Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School). Score reports can take up to 20 days to become available to the School, so please email a copy of your provisional results to email@example.com (which you will receive on the day of the exam), before or on the GMAT deadline noted above. For further information please refer to the GMAC website.
- Thejournal.ie scholarship competition is open to residents of Ireland except employees of UCD and Journal Media Ltd, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The competition is open to those who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit School for August 2022 entry to the full-time MBA, Executive MBA or modular Executive MBA programme.
- Thejournal.ie MBA Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School assessment panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
- Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of three years' professional experience, the required minimum score or above on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Executive Assessment (EA), and two references, normally from current and/or former employers and/or colleagues.
- The winning candidate will join their chosen MBA programme starting August 2022.
- Scholarship consists of full MBA tuition fees, worth up to €35,000.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other MBA scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is open to those who have applied for August 2022 entry to a Smurfit MBA programme.
- Students awarded any scholarship must commit to participate in promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MBA blog, open days and virtual events, or other forms of promotional activity as required). Scholars are expected to assist occasionally as ambassadors for the School.
- Deadline for submission of programme applications: 25th February 2022
- The scholarship winner must have taken and secured the relevant minimum GMAT/EA test entry score by 31 March 2022.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MBA programme at the end of August 2022.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the competition.
Journal.ie MBA Scholarship Recipient 2021
Scholarships provide what are often life-changing opportunities for academic and professional
development. They’re important for those who might otherwise be unable to prioritise investment
in their education, with competing pressures on time, finances and personal responsibilities.
I chose UCD Smurfit Graduate Business School because of its reputation for academic excellence, the calibre of its faculty and its international reach. Smurfit’s GNAM membership and the opportunity to participate in the Global Network Week for EMBA Students was also a drawcard for me.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.