30% Club Diploma in Corporate Governance Scholarship worth €15,325 - CLOSED UNTIL FEB 2021UCD Smurfit School is delighted to partner with the 30% Club in offering a Diploma in Corporate Governance Scholarship to one exceptional female candidate ordinarily or legally resident in Ireland to cover up to 100% tuition fees for this Diploma (€15,325). The programme runs over 2 x 12-week semesters and commences each year in September. This is a fully funded scholarship and is awarded to an outstanding female candidate based on the breadth and depth of work experience as well as past academic/professional qualification performance. The diploma is part of the MSc in Business Pathway.
|Open Date||February 2021|
|Close Date||March 2021|
|Value||Up to 100% tuition fees|
The Diploma in Corporate Governance is designed to provide systematic education and training to current and prospective company directors of all types of companies and organisations, including private companies, family companies, state companies and organisations, the voluntary sector and public limited companies. It provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out the increasingly onerous duties and responsibilities of company directors. Holders of the Diploma in Corporate Governance can thus show that they have pursued a course of study that demonstrates a technical competence to carry out the varied tasks required of company directors.
Participants should hold a primary degree or professional qualification and be ordinarily or legally resident in Ireland and will be expected to have held or currently hold senior positions with considerable organisational experience but not necessarily corporate governance expertise.
- The UCD Smurfit Executive Development 30% Club, Diploma in Corporate Governance Scholarship competition is open to female applicants who are ordinarily or legally resident in Ireland and fulfil the course entry criteria except employees of UCD, those associated with the 30% Club and/or The Sunday Business Post, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this Scholarship competition.
- The competition is open to those who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit Executive Development for 2020 entry to the Diploma in Corporate Governance.
- The UCD Smurfit Executive Development Diploma in Corporate Governance Scholarship will be awarded to the female candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit Executive Development assessment panel. UCD Smurfit Executive Development reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into. Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of five years' professional experience. Please refer to entry requirements.
- The winning female candidate will receive a full scholarship to attend the UCD Smurfit Executive Diploma in Corporate Governance commencing in September 2020. This Diploma is a one year part-time programme delivered over two 12-week semesters with classes 2 evenings per week.
- If the Diploma in Corporate Governance does not go ahead in September 2020 due to unforeseen circumstances, the winning candidate will be offered a place in the next intake - September 2021.
- Scholarship consists of tuition fees for the Diploma in Corporate Governance worth up to €15,325.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit Executive Development and/ or UCD Smurfit School, but is to open to those who have applied for September 2020 entry to the UCD Smurfit Executive Development Diploma in Corporate Governance.
- Deadline for submission of Diploma in Corporate Governance applications is Wednesday, 11th March 2020
- Shortlisted candidates will be assessed by interview in UCD Smurfit Executive Development Centre week commencing Monday May 18th 2020.
- Winning candidate will be informed following the interview process.
- Candidates must be available to commence the UCD Smurfit Executive Diploma in Corporate Governance in September 2020.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- Winner must agree to participate in publicity, if applicable.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the terms & conditions of the competition.