MBA Excellence ScholarshipsThe UCD Smurfit School MBA Excellence Scholarships will be awarded to two successful full-time MBA or part-time Executive MBA candidates commencing September 2020, with the scholarship covering 50% of tuition fees.
|Open Date||10th June 2020|
|Close Date||5th July 2020|
|Value||50% of the tuition fees|
Open to all successful applicants for the full-time MBA and Executive MBA, who are resident in Ireland, achieving the relevant minimum GMAT score or above (MBA FT: min GMAT 600; EMBA: min GMAT 520 OR Executive Assessment (EA) 149 and above).
Please note the GMAT/EA deadline is Sunday 2nd August 2020.
The scholarship is open to those who have submitted an application for 2020 entry to the Smurfit MBA programme. There is no separate application process for this scholarship. When applying for the MBA programme, please indicate in your application that you want to be considered for this scholarship (you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org)
|MBA Application Deadline:||2nd July 2020|
|GMAT Deadline||2nd August 2020|
1. UCD Smurfit School MBA Excellence Scholarships competition is open to residents of Ireland only.
2. The competition is open to those who have submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit School for 2020 entry to the MBA programme.
3. The UCD Smurfit School MBA Excellence Scholarships will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School assessment panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
4. Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of three years' professional experience, the required minimum score or above on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GMAC EA test (EMBA Only), and two references, normally from current and/or former employers and/or colleagues.
5. The winning candidate has a choice of joining the 1 year Full-time MBA or the Executive part-time MBA (Midweek).
6. The two scholarships are worth up to 50% of the tuition fees of the full-time MBA or EMBA, dependent on which course is applied for.
7. The competition is not open to recipients of any other MBA scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is to open to those who have applied for 2020 entry to the Smurfit MBA programme.
8. Deadline for submission of MBA programme applications: 5th July 2020.
9. The scholarship winner must have taken and secured the relevant minimum GMAT/EA test entry score by Sunday 2nd August 2020.
10. Only complete applications received before the scholarship deadline will be considered.
11. The successful candidate will be selected on merit paired with a holistic review of their MBA application.
12. Once scholarship awards are issued, students must accept this offer within two weeks of the notification being distributed by the committee. It is the student’s responsibility to formally accept the scholarship offer, a non-response will be considered as declining the offer.
13. Decisions will be made by the Scholarship Committee and candidates will be notified within two weeks of the committee decision. All decisions are final.
14. Students awarded a scholarship must commit to attending UCD Smurfit Open Events where required. Students may also be required to participate in promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MBA blog, or other forms of promotional activity as required). Scholars are expected to assist occasionally as ambassadors for the School.
15. Candidates must be available to commence the MBA programme in September 2020.
16. Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
17. No cash alternative.
18. No substitutions allowed.
19. By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the competition.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students cannot defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.