The UCD Smurfit Career Development Centre team will work with you to define your career path and support you in developing the career-related skills, know-how, and confidence to pursue your unique post-MSc career goals.
Through a variety of tools, workshops, events, one-to-one career advice and access to other resources, you can prepare yourself for the opportunities that lie ahead.
Follow our UCD Smurfit Careers LinkedIn page to view recent news and developments.
The UCD Smurfit Career Development Centre offers you a holistic programme to support you at key points in your career development. Our programme is structured into three key stages, each one with a distinct goal and structured actions to give you the tools to build and direct your own career.
Join us at an orientation workshop & learn about Career Development Planning. You also have access to our online CV building platform which is used by top business schools around the globe so that early on you can set yourself up for future success.
Get involved in a range of events including employer presentations, skills seminars, recruitment fairs, alumni/panel events and 1:1 career appointments throughout the year
Prepare for the interview process and devise your own personal brand that will help you secure your desired job.
The Careers team are available all year round to support students on a personal level with skills development and job search by booking one-to-one appointments throughout the year to:
- Explore possible career options
- Seek advice on how to improve and target CVs/applications/LinkedIn profiles
- Understand how to perform effectively at interviews
- Discuss how to network effectively or to negotiate with an employer
Our experienced consultants will help you evaluate your choices and achieve your career goals.
All MSc students joining us in 2017/18 gain free access to our intuitive and data driven online cv building tool.
- Upgrade your CV (sometimes referred to as resume) to the level of top professionals around the world.
- Applying for a Graduate Programme or an Internship this year? Get your CV ready BEFORE the upcoming recruitment season begins.
- Intuitive self-led improvement process based on analytics provided by the VMOCK tool used by top Business Schools around the world.
Throughout your time in Smurfit you will have access to a wide array of workshops and skills seminars delivered by employers and professionals and our Careers team, on topics such as:
- Job Search Skills
- Upgrading your CV
- Strategies for graduate programme applications
- Interview Skills
- Strategic online branding
- Personal awareness building
- And more…
We organise many on-campus events ensuring you have the opportunity to meet and network with leading employers and access graduate and internship opportunities. Events include:
- Recruitment Fairs and Internship Events
- Employer-led career skills workshops
- Career workshops from the Career Development Centre
- Industry and Alumni Evenings
- Panel Events on working overseas
Once you have registered as a UCD Smurfit student you can access our vacancies portal, CareersConnect, using your student login to find out more about current opportunities.
Want to find an internship overseas? UCD Smurfit is part of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) network of schools. EFMD have recently developed an international internship portal that you can access to search for international opportunities with your student login.
UCD Smurfit Career Development Centre provides access to a range of online resources free of charge to our students.
- This includes free access to psychometric assessments
- Access to country-specific recruitment information (‘GoinGlobal’), advice from employers
- Insights into working in different organisations/professions and industries via websites such as ’10 minutes with’ and ‘Glassdoor’.
- International Student? Unfamiliar with Ireland’s recruitment processes? Then access the free online UCD Career development online module called Career Zone.
Access the UCD online resources here