What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
- Certain cookies are essential to the proper functioning of UCD systems.
- We don't track your personal activities when you're not on UCD systems (unless you click on a UCD advertisement on a separate site).
- We use analytics, performance and functional cookies to help us understand what content is most useful to our visitors.
Types of Cookies We Use
- Essential: These cookies are necessary for the website to function.
- Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account, and to allow you to move between UCD systems without additional authentication.
- Analytics and Performance: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so that we can measure and improve the performance of our site. We track site traffic patterns and potential site problems.
- Functional: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. These cookies help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are.
- Advertising / Targeting: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used to measure the performance of advertising campaigns and to show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
- Social Media: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our websites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes
- HubSpot Cookies: We use HubSpot cookies to track website visitors and contacts. If you complete a form on our website, the HubSpot software leaves behind a cookie on your browser that helps us to uniquely identify you on future visits to our website and interactions with our digital media. HubSpot tracking cookies are categorised within 'Functional' and 'Performance' cookies in your cookie settings.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being set, or to turn off all cookies. You can set these preferences on your browser settings. However, each browser is different so check your browser's Help menu to learn how to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that improve your experience. Also, most services which require a login will not function at all.
Controlling your cookies
Any cookie that is not Strictly Necessary is not active by default and does not send information to the resource it is called from. Accepting all cookies, makes all cookies active. You can modify your cookie preferences for the UCD Smurfit School website at any time by clicking on the 'Cookie Settings' button below.