University College Dublin has published this Privacy Statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of users of our Website. It applies to the use of your personal information (also known as ‘personal data’) by UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School through the viewing or use of its main website (www.smurfitschool.ie)
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to tell you what information UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School collects from you through the viewing or use of www.smurfitschool.ie, how and when it may be collected and what happens to it. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, "we", “our” and "us" refers to UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.
Personal Information is any personal identifiable information, such as your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, or online identifier, which can directly or indirectly identify you. We refer to it as "Personal Information" here.
When do we collect information about you on our website and digital channels:
- Information you give us. You may provide Personal Information when you complete webforms (event registration, online enquiries, online chat) or subscribe to our newsletter.
Any information you provide is not made available to any third parties, other than those working with the University on normal University business and is used by the University only in accordance with the purpose for which you provided the information and will only be retained for as long as required for the purpose. Such service providers may be based outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Why we collect your personal information
We collect and use your Personal Information because it is necessary to obtain certain details including Personal Information from you in providing you with the service you have requested and it is in our legitimate interests in the course of operating our business, including:
- Providing the requested service and/or information to you.
- Responding to your queries.
- Transmitting Personal Information between our functions for internal administrative purposes.
How we use your information collected via our Website
We use your information for providing you the Services that you have requested from us, as referred below:
- To contact you. We use your Contact Information to get in touch with you. Reasons why we might contact you include: to communicate with you about an event that you have registered for, or to respond to an enquiry submitted by you online.
- For marketing purposes.
- We may use your Contact Information to send you information that might be of interest including announcements, upcoming events and scholarships. We will only send marketing communications when consent has been explicitly provided by you. You are entitled to opt-out from receipt of marketing communication at any time by using the "unsubscribe" option included in any marketing e-mail or other marketing material received from us.
How long do we store personal information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, and the purposes for which we process your personal data.
Access and Rectification
Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a right to have incorrect or incomplete data corrected or erased by the University. You also have certain rights to obtain a copy of your personal data held. If you become aware of any inaccuracy in the personal data you have supplied to us, please let us know and we will update our records accordingly. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We take appropriate physical and technical security measures, including staff awareness training to maintain the security of personal data supplied to us and we review these measures regularly.
Further Information and Contact Details
- If you have any questions relating to the processing of personal data on this Website please contact email@example.com
- If you have concerns about how UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School processes your personal data you can contact the UCD Office of the DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are dissatisfied with UCD’s handling of your personal data you can contact The Data Protection Commission. https://www.dataprotection.ie/