Dean’s Impact Award MBA Scholarships ChinaThis is an exciting opportunity for Chinese students to benefit from studying for an MBA in one of Europe’s leading Business Schools. A special scholarship programme has been created for talented applicants from China who wish to join our full-time programme in late August 2024.
|Open Date||1st October 2023|
|Close Date||30th April 2024|
|GMAT / EA Deadline||31st May 2024|
|Value||Up to €18,380 (academic year 2024/2025)|
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School has created four new scholarships for its full-time MBA programme to support Chinese citizens who want to study at our School. Fifty-percent of the globally ranked full-time MBA programme’s tuition cost will be covered for four qualified applicants.
This scholarship is open to all successful Chinese applicants for the Full-time MBA who meet the admission criteria and have accepted an offer from the School. Successful candidates will be selected on merit, paired with a holistic review of their MBA application. The scholarship will be awarded to candidates deemed to be the highest calibre by the MBA Admissions Committee.
The programme begins in September 2023 and applications must be made by 30th April 2023. Applicants who receive the scholarship will only have to pay only 50% of their fees. Applicants are required to pay their deposit and to pay the fee for the GMAT/EA.
The full-time MBA at UCD Smurfit School presents an outstanding opportunity for professionals to enhance and deepen knowledge in areas such as business analysis, innovation and strategic leadership by learning from globally esteemed academics. Students are also provided with access to a dedicated leadership development programme that includes individual, team and organisational skills development, as well as access to a network of over 95,000 UCD Business alumni worldwide. The knowledge and access provided through these and other in-class learning and co-curricular experiences equips students with the skills necessary to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
The decision to award the scholarship will be made by the MBA Admissions Committee and may require shortlisted candidates to attend a Scholarship Assessment Centre in 2023. Successful candidates will be informed by June 2023.
We are seeking applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Candidates can demonstrate a coherent narrative outlining how they will use their MBA qualification to become a global business leader and support the relationship between Ireland and China.
- Minimum 3 year's work experience excluding summer placements.
- Has received an offer of a place as a full-time MBA Student at the UCD Smurfit School. (Part-time programmes are not eligible),
- Students who have successfully completed an undergraduate program.
- Have achieved the EA or GMAT Score required for the FT MBA.
- Chinese Citizen.
- Available to take commit to a Full Time Programme for 12 months , starting late August 2023.
- Be prepared to engage with events, marketing or social media as an ambassador for UCD Smurfit Business School.
Please apply on the UCD Smurfit Website for the Full Time MBA and follow instructions to apply for the scholarship.
The decision to award the scholarship will be final.
Winning candidates will be informed by June 2023.
Terms and Conditions :
- This scholarship is open to all Chinese citizens who meet FT MBA applicants requirements , except full-time employees of UCD.
- The scholarship is limited to those who will have submitted a complete application directly to UCD Smurfit School entry to the FT MBA Programme and who hold a full, unconditional offer from The School.
- The scholarship consists of half tuition fees for the upcoming academic year.
- The continuation of the scholarship funding is subject to the awardee passing all exams at the end of the first trimester.
- Candidates must be available to commence the FT MBA Programme in late August of the 2023/24 academic year. If a candidate defers their offer they lose the scholarship award .
- The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships.
- The decision to award the scholarship will be made by a board chaired by the Director of UCD Smurfit School and the decision of the panel will be final.
- Successful candidates will be informed by June 2023.
- Classes commence in late August 2023 with a mandatory Foundation Week.
- No cash alternative.
- Applicants should demonstrate their willingness to serve as an ambassador for UCD Smurfit School.
- The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded or Government grant scheme.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.