30% Club Diploma in Corporate Governance Scholarship worth €15,325UCD Smurfit School is delighted to partner with the 30% Club in offering a Diploma in Corporate Governance Scholarship to one exceptional female candidate ordinarily or legally resident in Ireland to cover up to 100% tuition fees for this Diploma (€15,325), commencing September 2019.
|Open Date||Monday February 18th|
|Close Date||Monday March 4th at 5pm|
|Status||Open on Monday February 18th|
|Value||Up to 100% tuition fees|
The Diploma in Corporate Governance is designed to provide systematic education and training to current and prospective company directors of all types of companies and organisations, including private companies, family companies, state companies and organisations, the voluntary sector and public limited companies. It provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out the increasingly onerous duties and responsibilities of company directors. Holders of the Diploma in Corporate Governance can thus show that they have pursued a course of study that demonstrates a technical competence to carry out the varied tasks required of company directors.
The 30% Club is a group of business leaders committed to achieving better gender balance at all levels of organisations. It is a global opportunity for businesses to improve the way they perform by encouraging talented females into leadership positions. The 30% Club has impacted on firms around the world and engages in activities spanning the school room to the boardroom.
The group aims to reach a 30% female gender balance on Irish boards and executive management level by 2020.
Participants should hold a primary degree and be ordinarily or legally resident in Ireland and will be expected to have held or currently hold senior positions with considerable organisational experience but not necessarily corporate governance expertise. Consideration will also be given to applicants who do not hold a primary degree but whose depth of industry / organisational experience, deems them suitable participants.
Female applicants for the UCD Smurfit Executive Development 30% Club Scholarship for the Diploma in Corporate Governance who meet the course entry criteria and deadlines noted below, will be considered for short-listing for the Scholarship interview process in April 2019.
To apply you must request an application form from Liz Knight by phone (01) 716 8801 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday February 18th 2019
5pm, Monday March 4th 2019
Interview Shortlist Dates:
Week commencing April 1st - exact dates to be confirmed
- The UCD Smurfit Executive Development 30% Club, Diploma in Corporate Governance Scholarship competition is open to female applicants who are ordinarily or legally resident in Ireland and fulfil the course entry criteria except employees of UCD, those associated with the 30% Club and/ or The Sunday Business Post , and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this Scholarship competition.
- The competition is open to those who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit Executive Development for 2019 entry to the Diploma in Corporate Governance.
- The UCD Smurfit Executive Development Diploma in Corporate Governance Scholarship will be awarded to the female candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit Executive Development assessment panel. UCD Smurfit Executive Development reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into. Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of five years' professional experience. Please refer to entry requirements.
- The winning female candidate will receive a full scholarship to attend the UCD Smurfit Executive Diploma in Corporate Governance commencing in September 2019. This Diploma is a one year part-time programme delivered over two 12-week semesters with classes 2 evenings per week.
- Scholarship consists of tuition fees for the Diploma in Corporate Governance worth up to €15,325.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit Executive Development and/ or UCD Smurfit School, but is to open to those who have applied for September 2019 entry to the UCD Smurfit Executive Development Diploma in Corporate Governance.
- Deadline for submission of Diploma in Corporate Governance applications is Monday, March 1st 2019 at 5pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be assessed by interview in UCD Smurfit Executive Development Centre - week commencing Monday April 1st 2019.
- Winning candidate will be informed following the interview process - Details to be announced in late April 2019.
- Candidates must be available to commence the UCD Smurfit Executive Diploma in Corporate Governance in September 2019.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- Winner must agree to participate in publicity, if applicable.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the competition.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students cannot defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.
Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.