30% Club Diploma in Corporate Governance ScholarshipUCD Smurfit School is delighted to partner with the 30% Club in offering a Diploma in Corporate Governance Scholarship to one exceptional female candidate ordinarily or legally resident in Ireland to cover up to 100% tuition fees for this Diploma (€15,325), commencing September 2021.
|Open Date||22nd February 2021|
|Close Date||16th April 2021|
|Value||Up to 100% tuition fees|
The Diploma in Corporate Governance is designed to provide systematic education and training to current and prospective company directors of all types of companies and organisations, including private companies, family companies, state companies and organisations, the voluntary sector and public limited companies. It provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out the increasingly onerous duties and responsibilities of company directors. Holders of the Diploma in Corporate Governance can thus show that they have pursued a course of study that demonstrates a technical competence to carry out the varied tasks required of company directors.
The 30% Club is a group of business leaders committed to achieving better gender balance at all levels of organisations. It is a global opportunity for businesses to improve the way they perform by encouraging talented females into leadership positions. The 30% Club has impacted on firms around the world and engages in activities spanning the school room to the boardroom.
The group aims to reach a 30% female gender balance on Irish boards and executive management level by 2020.
Participants should hold a primary degree and be ordinarily or legally resident in Ireland and will be expected to have held or currently hold senior positions with considerable organisational experience but not necessarily corporate governance expertise. Consideration will also be given to applicants who do not hold a primary degree but whose depth of industry / organisational experience, deems them suitable participants.
Female applicants for the UCD Smurfit Executive Development 30% Club Scholarship for the Diploma in Corporate Governance who meet the course entry criteria and deadlines noted below, will be considered for short-listing for the Scholarship interview process in April 2021.
To apply you must request an application form from Maria Keany by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday February 22nd 2021
5pm, Friday 16th April 2021
Interview Shortlist Dates:
May 2021 - exact date to be confirmed
- The UCD Smurfit Executive Development 30% Club, Diploma in Corporate Governance Scholarship competition is open to female applicants who are ordinarily or legally resident in Ireland and fulfil the course entry criteria except employees of UCD, those associated with the 30% Club and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this Scholarship competition.
- The competition is open to those who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit Executive Development for 2021 entry to the Diploma in Corporate Governance.
- The UCD Smurfit Executive Development Diploma in Corporate Governance Scholarship will be awarded to the female candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit Executive Development assessment panel. UCD Smurfit Executive Development reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into. Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of five years' professional experience. Please refer to entry requirements.
- The winning female candidate will receive a full scholarship to attend the UCD Smurfit Executive Diploma in Corporate Governance commencing in September 2021. This Diploma is a one year part-time programme delivered over two 12-week semesters with classes 2 evenings per week.
- Scholarship consists of tuition fees for the Diploma in Corporate Governance worth up to €15,325.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit Executive Development and/ or UCD Smurfit School, but is to open to those who have applied for September 2021 entry to the UCD Smurfit Executive Development Diploma in Corporate Governance.
- Deadline for submission of Diploma in Corporate Governance applications is Friday, April 16th at 5pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be assessed by interview in UCD Smurfit Executive Development Centre - May 2021 - exact date to be confirmed.
- Winning candidate will be informed following the interview process - Details to be announced in May 2021.
- Candidates must be available to commence the UCD Smurfit Executive Diploma in Corporate Governance in September 2021.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- Winner must agree to participate in publicity, if applicable.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the competition.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development or UCD Belfield campus.