Full-Time MBA Regional Excellence ScholarshipThe Full-Time MBA Regional Excellence Scholarship will be awarded to academically exceptional students who will be ambassadors for the UCD Smurfit MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation. These merit based scholarships cover up to 50% of tuition fees for the Full-Time MBA.
|Open Date||1st October 2021|
|Close Date||29th April 2022|
|GMAT / EA Deadline||29th April 2022|
|Value||Worth up to 50% of tuition fees|
Open to all successful applicants for the Full-time MBA who meet the admission criteria.
Successful candidates will be selected on merit, paired with a holistic review of their MBA application. The scholarship will be awarded to candidates deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD MBA Admissions Committee. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award scholarships if no candidates of the required calibre are identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
Please note the GMAT/EA deadlines.
Applicants from the following regions can apply:
COUNTRIES: ALL EU, EEA AND THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION - Open to all successful applicants to the Full-Time MBA who reside in a country in the EU, EEA, or Russian Federation.
COUNTRY: INDIA - Open to all successful applicants to the Full-Time MBA who reside in India.
COUNTRY: CHINA - Open to all successful applicants to the Full-Time MBA who reside in China.
ASIA. COUNTRIES: MALAYSIA, INDONESIA, SINGAPORE, NEPAL, PAKISTAN, THAILAND - Open to all successful applicants to the Full-Time MBA who reside in the countries listed above.
CONTINENT. ALL COUNTRIES IN THE AMERICAS - Open to all successful applicants to the Full-Time MBA who reside in North, Central or South America.
CONTINENT: ALL COUNTRIES IN AFRICA - Open to all successful applicants to the full time programmes who reside in Africa.
COUNTRY: JAPAN - Open to all successful applicants to the Full-Time MBA who reside in Japan.
There is no separate application process for this scholarship. All successful applicants for the full-time MBA or the Executive MBA who meet the eligibility criteria and have met the deadlines noted below, will be considered for short-listing for the assessment centre.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Early application is recommended.
NB As scholarships are limited and there is significant competition, applicants residing in Ireland may be required to attend an assessment centre as part of the scholarship review process.
- The Full-Time Regional Excellence Scholarship is funded by UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School and will be awarded to candidates on merit basis.
- The scholarship is open to all successful applicants for the Full-Time MBA, achieving the relevant minimum GMAT / EA score or above (Please refer to our admissions page for details on minimum score requirements).
- Only complete applications received before the scholarship deadline will be considered.
- The successful candidate will be selected on merit paired with a holistic review of their MBA application.
- Once scholarship awards are issued, students must accept this offer within two weeks of the notification being distributed by the committee. It is the student’s responsibility to formally accept the scholarship offer, a non-response will be considered as declining the offer.
- Decisions will be made by the Scholarship Committee and candidates will be notified within two weeks of the committee decision. All decisions are final.
- Students awarded a scholarship must commit to attending UCD Smurfit Open Events where required. Students may also be required to participate in promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MBA blog, or other forms of promotional activity as required). Scholars are expected to assist occasionally as ambassadors for the School.
- The issued scholarship will be deducted from the student’s University fee account.
- Continuous full time enrolment and attendance is required to retain a scholarship award.
- A student who withdraws, cancels or becomes inactive, enrols less than full-time, is suspended, or dismissed from the University will lose his/her scholarship eligibility. A student who takes such a status due to medical reasons may appeal in writing to Scholarship Committee to have his/her scholarship reinstated. The appeal must be submitted with supporting documentation, such as a letter from a doctor. In such a case, for there to be a possibility for reinstatement, a student’s leave from the University cannot exceed two consecutive semesters.
- A student who declines an initial offer of admission and accompanying scholarship offer will not retain his/her scholarship offer if he/she reapplies at a later date.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future date.
- This scholarship is not eligible to be combined with any other tuition scholarship.
- Scholarships are non-transferable and will only apply to the programme associated with the offer letter that contains the scholarship award.
- Scholarships may be awarded before the deadline.
- By applying to the scholarship you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
Full-Time MBA Regional Excellence Scholarship Recipient 2021
"Thanks to the generous scholarship and amazing support provided by UCD Smurfit, I was able to come to Ireland and pursue my postgraduate studies at one of Europe's top business schools."
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.