GMAT MBA ScholarshipsThe MBA GMAT Scholarships will be awarded to academically exceptional students who will be ambassadors for the UCD Smurfit MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation. These merit based scholarships cover up to the full tuition fees for either the Full-Time or Modular Executive MBA. GMAT score 720 or above required.
|Open Date||1st October 2022|
|Close Date||30th April 2023|
|GMAT / EA Deadline||31st May 2023|
|Value||Up to 100% tuition fees|
Open to all successful MBA applicants scoring 720 or above on the GMAT.
There is no separate application process for these scholarships. All successful applicants for the MBA are automatically considered. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Scholarships may be awarded prior to the closing date to exceptional candidates. Early application is recommended.
NB As scholarships are limited and there is significant competition, applicants residing in Ireland may be required to attend an assessment centre as part of the scholarship review process.
- The GMAT MBA Scholarship is funded by UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School and will be awarded to candidates on merit basis.
- The scholarship is open to all successful applicants for the Full-Time or Modular Executive MBA, achieving the relevant minimum GMAT / EA score or above (Please refer to our admissions page for details on minimum score requirements).
- Only complete applications received before the scholarship deadline will be considered.
- The successful candidate will be selected on merit paired with a holistic review of their MBA application.
- Once scholarship awards are issued, students must accept this offer within two weeks of the notification being distributed by the committee. It is the student’s responsibility to formally accept the scholarship offer, a non-response will be considered as declining the offer.
- Decisions will be made by the Scholarship Committee and candidates will be notified within two weeks of the committee decision. All decisions are final.
- Students awarded a scholarship must commit to attending UCD Smurfit Open Events where required. Students may also be required to participate in promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MBA blog, or other forms of promotional activity as required). Scholars are expected to assist occasionally as ambassadors for the School.
- The issued scholarship will be deducted from the student’s University fee account.
- Continuous full time enrolment and attendance is required to retain a scholarship award.
- A student who withdraws, cancels or becomes inactive, enrols less than full-time, is suspended, or dismissed from the University will lose his/her scholarship eligibility. A student who takes such a status due to medical reasons may appeal in writing to Scholarship Committee to have his/her scholarship reinstated. The appeal must be submitted with supporting documentation, such as a letter from a doctor. In such a case, for there to be a possibility for reinstatement, a student’s leave from the University cannot exceed two consecutive semesters.
- A student who declines an initial offer of admission and accompanying scholarship offer will not retain his/her scholarship offer if he/she reapplies at a later date.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future date.
- This scholarship is not eligible to be combined with any other tuition scholarship.
- Scholarships are non-transferable and will only apply to the programme associated with the offer letter that contains the scholarship award.
If you would like more information on this scholarship or our MBA programme, please contact our MBA Admissions Manager, UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School on firstname.lastname@example.org.
GMAT MBA Scholarship Recipient 2022
I immediately knew that UCD Smurfit School EMBA was a good fit for me after having attended the open evening. The combination a dedicated campus and a renowned alumni network sealed the deal for me. Having a young family is a financially testing time. We are also in a unpredictable time - rising interest rates, high childcare costs and high energy costs all have a huge impact on family finances. This scholarship means that my family will only have to deal with the additional study workload without having to worry about the financial impact which will make the course far more enjoyable and rewarding.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.