IMAGE MBA ScholarshipUCD Smurfit School is delighted to partner with IMAGE Media in offering one female candidate a 100% scholarship to join the full-time MBA or the Modular Executive MBA in August 2023.
|Open Date||1st February 2023|
|Close Date||30th April 2023|
|GMAT / EA Deadline||15th June 2023|
|Value||Up to 100% tuition fees|
Open to all successful female applicants for the MBA, who are resident in Ireland, achieving the relevant minimum GMAT OR EA score or above (please see website for information on application and required scores).
Successful candidates will be selected on merit, paired with a holistic review of their MBA application. The scholarship will be awarded to candidates deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD MBA Admissions Committee. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award scholarships if no candidates of the required calibre are identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
Please note the GMAT/EA deadline is 15th June 2023.
There is no separate application process for this scholarship. All successful applicants who meet the eligibility criteria and have met the deadlines noted below, will be considered for short-listing for the assessment centre.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Early application is recommended.
MBA Application Deadline:
30th April 2023
15th June 2023*
Assessment Centre Date:
* Please select UCD Smurfit as a recipient school for your GMAT/EA Official Score Report on the day of the exam (University College Dublin - Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School). Score reports can take up to 20 days to become available to the School, so please email a copy of your provisional results to email@example.com (which you will receive on the day of the exam), before or on the GMAT deadline noted above. For further information please refer to the GMAC website.
- The IMAGE Media scholarship competition is open to residents of Ireland except employees of UCD and IMAGE Media Publications, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The competition is open to those female candidates who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit School for August 2023 entry to Smurfit MBA programmes.
- The IMAGE Media MBA Scholarship will be awarded to the female candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School assessment panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
- Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of three years' professional experience, the required minimum score or above on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Executive Assessment (EA), and two references, normally from current and/or former employers and/or colleagues.
- The winning candidate will join a choice of the 1-year full-time MBA or the Modular Executive MBA (2 years part-time) starting August 2023.
- Scholarship consists of either one year full-time MBA or two years' part-time Executive MBA tuition fees, worth up to €36,760.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other MBA scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is open to those who have applied for August 2023 entry to Smurfit MBA programmes.
- Students awarded any scholarship must commit to participate in promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MBA blog, open days and virtual events, or other forms of promotional activity as required). Scholars are expected to assist occasionally as ambassadors for the School.
- The Scholarship winner will be expected to take part in Women on the MBA specific committees in a leadership role.
- Deadline for submission of programme applications: 30th April 2023
- The scholarship winner must have taken and secured the relevant minimum GMAT test entry score by 15th June 2023.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MBA programme at the end of August 2023.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the competition
Dr Eimear O'Reilly
IMAGE MBA Scholarship Recipient 2022
The EMBA really gives you the self-belief, as well as the skills, to aim for roles a little bit outside your comfort zone and maybe something greater that you didn’t think you could. Going into medicine, I never would have thought I’d ever be looking into healthcare consulting where I could potentially have a more wide-reaching impact. Nonetheless, it’s amazing as time progresses, I want to be challenged and try different things. Whatever option I choose, it’s a win-win situation having the skills from the MBA, so I feel so fortunate and so privileged to be in this position.
Dr Rebecca Holland
IMAGE MBA Scholarship Recipient 2021
The IMAGE Smurfit Scholarship has enabled me to gain new skills and insights beyond my clinical background and take my career to the next level. Not only is this experience amplified by the amazing lecturers, but the knowledge gained from discussions with classmates coming from all disciplines is worth an MBA alone!
IMAGE MBA Scholarship Recipient 2020
In May 2020, I left behind my journalism career. At the age of 33, I decided it was time to start over. I knew I would need to return to education and find something that aligned with my new ambitions; something for which I would not see as ‘sacrificing’ my thirties but instead building bricks on the foundation of my career. So, in September 2020, I joined the full-time MBA programme at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School and found that purpose being fulfilled.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.