Image MBA ScholarshipUCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is delighted to partner with Image Magazine in offering one female candidate a 100% scholarship to join the full-time MBA or part-time Executive MBA in August 2020.
|Open Date||12th December 2019|
|Close Date||5th July 2020|
|Value||One award of up to 100% MBA tuition fees|
Open to all successful applicants for the full-time MBA and Executive MBA, who are resident in Ireland, achieving the relevant minimum GMAT score or above (MBA FT: min GMAT 600; EMBA: min GMAT 520 OR Executive Assessment (EA) 149 and above).
Please note the GMAT/EA deadline is 1st August 2020.
There is no separate application process for this scholarship. All successful applicants for the full-time MBA or the Executive MBA who meet the eligibility criteria and have met the deadlines noted below, will be considered for short-listing for the assessment centre.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Early application is recommended.
MBA Application Deadline:
5th July 2020
1st August 2020*
Assessment Centre Date:
* Please select UCD Smurfit as a recipient school for your GMAT Official Score Report on the day of the exam (University College Dublin - Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School). Score reports can take up to 20 days to become available to the School, so please email a copy of your provisional results to firstname.lastname@example.org (which you will receive on the day of the exam), before or on the GMAT deadline noted above. For further information please refer to the GMAC website.
- The Image Magazine Scholarship competition is open to residents of Ireland except employees of UCD and Image Magazine, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The competition is open to those who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit School for 2020 entry to the MBA programme.
- The Image Magazine MBA Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School assessment panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
- Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of three years' professional experience, the required minimum score or above on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GMAC EA test (EMBA Only), and two references, normally from current and/or former employers and/or colleagues.
- The winning candidate has a choice of participating on the one year Full-time MBA or the Executive MBA.
- Scholarship consists of either one year full-time MBA or two years' part-time MBA tuition fees, worth up to €34,500.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other MBA scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is to open to those who have applied for 2020 entry to the programme.
- Deadline for submission of MBA programme applications: 5th July 2020.
- The scholarship winner must have taken and secured the relevant minimum GMAT/EA test entry score by 1st August 2020.
- Shortlisted candidates will attend the assessment centre on on a specific date TBC.
- Winning candidate will be informed following the Assessment Centre.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MBA programme end of August 2020.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- Winner must agree to participate in publicity, if applicable.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the competition.
Head of Corporate Communications and Government Relations at Tesco Ireland
IMAGE MBA Scholarship Recipient 2015
I applied for the scholarship inspired by my interest in corporate purpose. I wanted to get involved in the significant role of business in tackling some of the biggest global issues - a principle at the core of the MBA. When I applied for the scholarship, I was at a point where I was reflecting on that idea of purpose further, as more conversations were happening in that space. Not only that, but I was starting to think more about what we can each do at an individual level, making change in our own lives, and influencing in our communities in a meaningful way.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can't defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.