Image MBA ScholarshipUCD Smurfit School is delighted to partner with Image Magazine in offering one female candidate a 100% scholarship to join the full-time MBA or the Executive MBA or the Modular Executive MBA in August 2021.
|GMAT / EA Deadline||TBC|
|Value||Up to 100% tuition fees|
Open to all successful female applicants for the MBA, who are resident in Ireland, achieving the relevant minimum GMAT OR EA score or above (please see website for information on application and required scores).
Successful candidates will be selected on merit, paired with a holistic review of their MBA application.
The scholarship will be awarded to candidates deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD MBA Admissions Committee. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award scholarships if no candidates of the required calibre are identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
Please note the GMAT/EA deadline is 1 July 2021.
There is no separate application process for this scholarship. All successful applicants for the full-time MBA or the Executive MBA who meet the eligibility criteria and have met the deadlines noted below, will be considered for short-listing for the assessment centre.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Early application is recommended.
MBA Application Deadline:
1st June 2021
1st July 2021*
Assessment Centre Date:
* Please select UCD Smurfit as a recipient school for your GMAT/EA Official Score Report on the day of the exam (University College Dublin - Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School). Score reports can take up to 20 days to become available to the School, so please email a copy of your provisional results to email@example.com (which you will receive on the day of the exam), before or on the GMAT deadline noted above. For further information please refer to the GMAC website.
- The Image scholarship competition is open to residents of Ireland except employees of UCD and Image Publications, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The competition is open to those female candidates who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit School for August 2021 entry to Smurfit MBA programmes.
- The Image MBA Scholarship will be awarded to the female candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School assessment panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
- Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of three years' professional experience, the required minimum score or above on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Executive Assessment (EA), and two references, normally from current and/or former employers and/or colleagues.
- The winning candidate will join a choice of the 1-year full-time MBA, the Executive MBA (2 years part-time) or the new modular Executive MBA (2 years part-time) starting August 2021.
- Scholarship consists of either one year full-time MBA or two years' part-time Executive MBA tuition fees, worth up to €34,500.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other MBA scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is open to those who have applied for August 2021 entry to Smurfit MBA programmes.
- Students awarded any scholarship must commit to participate in promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MBA blog, open days and virtual events, or other forms of promotional activity as required). Scholars are expected to assist occasionally as ambassadors for the School.
- Deadline for submission of programme applications: 1 June 2021.
- The scholarship winner must have taken and secured the relevant minimum GMAT test entry score by 1 July 2021.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MBA programme at the end of August 2021.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the competition
Head of Corporate Communications and Government Relations at Tesco Ireland
IMAGE MBA Scholarship Recipient 2015
I applied for the scholarship inspired by my interest in corporate purpose. I wanted to get involved in the significant role of business in tackling some of the biggest global issues - a principle at the core of the MBA. When I applied for the scholarship, I was at a point where I was reflecting on that idea of purpose further, as more conversations were happening in that space. Not only that, but I was starting to think more about what we can each do at an individual level, making change in our own lives, and influencing in our communities in a meaningful way.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.