Indian Academic Excellence ScholarshipThese Scholarships are awarded to academically exceptional students from India who will be ambassadors for their course and the School during their studies and after graduation.
|Open Date||15th November 2020|
|Close Date||29th February 2021|
|Value||3 x 50% scholarships towards the tuition of a 1-year full-time MSc|
All successful applicants to full time programmes in the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School who reside in India and hold Indian citizenship.
- Log into your existing online application account using your application number and password.
- Under My Applications – Click ‘Scholarship Applications’
- Select the Scholarship- Global Excellence Scholarship
- Complete and submit your application.
- You will be considered for both the Global Excellence and Indian Academic Excellence Scholarship for Smurfit with this application.
- The Indian Academic Scholarship is open to citizens of India only
- The Scholarship is open to those who have submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit School for 2021 entry to one of the MSc programmes or the Master of Accounting.
- The Indian Academic Scholarships will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School assessment panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final, and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
- Candidates should have a university degree
- The winning candidate has a choice of participating on the one year Full-time MSc Programme
- The scholarship is worth up 50% of the tuition fees of the FT MSc .
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is to open to those who have applied for 2021 entry to the programme.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MSc programme end of August 2021.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
No substitutions allowed.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be asked to agree to act as student ambassadors, which will include duties at University events, recruitment events, participate in panels, and contribute to the University online and social media activities.
- Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.