MBA Entrepreneurial ScholarshipThe MBA Entrepreneurial Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate who best exemplifies creativity in business. The scholarship covers up to 50% tuition fees for the full-time MBA. Please note that to be considered for this scholarship a business idea must be submitted by 23rd April 2018.
|Open Date||1st October 2018|
|Close Date||1st March 2019|
|Value||One award of up to 50% tuition fees|
Open to all successful applicants for the full-time MBA, scoring 600 or above in the GMAT.
Please note the GMAT deadline is 14 May 2018.
Applicants must submit a two page document outlining a business idea under the following headings, by 23 April 2018:
- Route to Market
- Financial Planning
- PEST Analysis
Please note applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Scholarships may be awarded prior to the closing date to exceptional candidates. Early application is recommended.
- The MBA Entrepreneurial Scholarship is funded by UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School and will be awarded to the candidate who best exemplifies creativity in business;
- The scholarship is open to all successful full-time MBA applicants who hold a GMAT score of 600 or above by 14 May 2018;
- In order to be eligible to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must have submitted the 2 page business outline document as part of their application to the MBA programme by 23 April 2018 and must have ‘Offer’, or ‘Accept’ status associated with their application by then also;
- Only complete applications received before the scholarship deadline will be considered;
- The successful candidate will be selected on merit paired with a holistic review of their MBA application;
- Once scholarship awards are issued, students must accept this offer within two weeks of the notification being distributed by the committee. It is the student’s responsibility to formally accept the scholarship offer, a non-response will be considered as declining the offer;
- Decisions will be made by the Scholarship Committee and candidates will be notified within two weeks of the committee decision. All decisions are final;
- Students awarded a scholarship must commit to attending UCD Smurfit Open Events where required. Students may also be required to participate in promotion of the School and Scholarships (interviews/testimonials, MBA blog, or other forms of promotional activity as required). Scholars are expected to assist occasionally as ambassadors for the School;
- The issued scholarship will be deducted from the student’s University fee account;
- Continuous full time enrolment and attendance is required to retain a scholarship award;
- A student who withdraws, cancels or becomes inactive, enrols less than full-time, is suspended, or dismissed from the University will lose his/her scholarship eligibility. A student who takes such a status due to medical reasons may appeal in writing to Scholarship Committee to have his/her scholarship reinstated. The appeal must be submitted with supporting documentation, such as a letter from a doctor. In such a case, for there to be a possibility for reinstatement, a student’s leave from the University cannot exceed two consecutive semesters;
- A student who declines an initial offer of admission and accompanying scholarship offer will not retain his/her scholarship offer if he/she reapplies at a later date;
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future date;
- This scholarship is not eligible to be combined with any other tuition scholarship;
- Scholarships are non-transferable and will only apply to the programme associated with the offer letter that contains the scholarship award.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can't defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.