Norman C. T. Liu Aviation ScholarshipUCD Smurfit School is offering non-EU applicants for the MSc in Aviation Finance full-time 2019/20, the chance to win a scholarship to cover half the tuition fees for this course.
|Open Date||1st October 2018|
|Close Date||1st May 2019|
|Value||50% tuition fees|
All course applications from non-EU submitted before the deadline of 1st May 2019 will be considered for this scholarship. Following assessment of the course applications and those holding Full, Unconditional Offers by 15th May 2019, The School will then select a small shortlist. These candidates will then be interviewed with a view to selecting a winner by 31st May 2019.
- An undergraduate degree result equivalent to an Irish first class honours (Hons 1.1).
- A strong curriculum vitae / resume.
- Excellently written essay question answers in the course application. There are two at 300 words each.
- If applicable to you when applying, you must meet our minimum English Language Requirement but with an overall IELTS of minimum 7.0, TOEFL 100 / 120 (or equivalent scores in a test we recognise).
Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.
To apply for this scholarship, candidates must submit a course application for the MSc Aviation Finance Full-Time. The deadline for submitting the completed application to the programme is 5pm (GMT) on 1st May 2019. There is no separate applications process for this Scholarship therefore. It is based on the quality of your actual course application. All those holding a Full, Unconditional Offer by 15th May 2019 will be automatically considered. The School will then select a small short list. These candidates will then be interviewed with a view to selecting a winner by 31st May 2019.
- This Scholarship is open to non-EU applicants only, except employees of UCD, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The scholarship is limited to those who will have submitted a complete application directly to UCD Smurfit School for 2019 entry to the MSc Aviation Finance full-time by 1st May 2019 and who hold a full, unconditional offer from The School by 15th May 2019.
- The Norman C.T. Liu Aviation Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by the judging panel in The School in the second half of May 2019.
- The prize consists of half tuition fees for 2019/2020.
- The judging panel reserves the right to split the prize fund amongst winners.
- The continuation of the scholarship funding for semester 2 (2019/2020) is subject to the awardee making satisfactory progress on the programme and passing all exams at the end of semester one.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MSc Aviation Finance full-time programme in early September 2019.
- The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is to open to those who have applied for 2019 entry to the programme.
- Closing date for entries: 5pm (GMT) on 1st May 2019.
- Interviews will be scheduled in the second half of May 2019.
- Winning candidate will be informed in the first week of June 2019.
- Classes commence in early September 2019.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- The winner must agree to participate in publicity, if applicable.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students cannot defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.