Norman C. T. Liu Aviation ScholarshipUCD Smurfit School is offering non-EU applicants for the MSc in Aviation Finance full-time 2021/2022, the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship to cover 50% tuition fees for this programme.
|Open Date||1st December 2020|
|Close Date||1st May 2021|
|Value||50% tuition fees|
All course applications from non-EU submitted before the deadline of 1st May 2021 will be considered for this scholarship. Following assessment of the course applications and those holding Full, Unconditional Offers by 15th May 2021, The School will then select a small shortlist. These candidates will then be interviewed with a view to selecting a winner by 31st May 2021.
- An undergraduate degree result equivalent to an Irish first class honours (Hons 1.1).
- A strong curriculum vitae / resume.
- Excellently written essay question answers in the course application. There are two at 300 words each.
- If applicable to you when applying, you must meet our minimum English Language Requirement but with an overall IELTS of minimum 7.0, TOEFL 100 / 120 (or equivalent scores in a test we recognise).
Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.
To apply for this scholarship, candidates must submit a course application for the MSc Aviation Finance Full-Time. The deadline for submitting the completed application to the programme is 5pm (GMT) on 1st May 2021. There is no separate applications process for this Scholarship therefore. It is based on the quality of your actual course application. All those holding a Full, Unconditional Offer by 15th May 2021 will be automatically considered. The School will then select a small short list. These candidates will then be interviewed with a view to selecting a winner by 31st May 2021.
- This Scholarship is open to non-EU applicants only, except employees of UCD, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The scholarship is limited to those who will have submitted a complete application directly to UCD Smurfit School for 2021 entry to the MSc Aviation Finance full-time by 1st May 2021 and who hold a full, unconditional offer from The School by 15th May 2021.
- The Norman C.T. Liu Aviation Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by the judging panel in The School in the second half of May 2021.
- The prize consists of half tuition fees for 2021/2022.
- The judging panel reserves the right to split the prize fund amongst winners.
- The continuation of the scholarship funding for semester 2 (2021/2022) is subject to the awardee making satisfactory progress on the programme and passing all exams at the end of semester one.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MSc Aviation Finance full-time programme in early September 2021.
- The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School, but is to open to those who have applied for 2021 entry to the programme.
- Closing date for entries: 5pm (GMT) on 1st May 2021.
- Interviews will be scheduled in the second half of May 2021.
- Winning candidate will be informed in the first week of June 2021.
- Classes commence in early September 2021.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- The winner must agree to participate in publicity, if applicable.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development or UCD Belfield campus.