Professor Brian Fynes Memorial ScholarshipThe Professor Brian Fynes Memorial Scholarship is open to students applying to the full-time MSc in Sustainable Supply Chain Management for 2024/25 with the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship to cover 50% tuition fees for this programme.
|Open Date||1st October 2023|
|Close Date||1st June 2024|
|Value||50% of tuition fees|
Professor Brian Fynes was appointed Ireland’s first Full Professor of Supply Chain Management in 2007 and held many leadership positions at UCD College of Business and the wider university during his prolific career. He was Head of the Management Subject Area for a number of years and, more recently, Associate Dean (International), roles that also saw him making very significant contributions to the internationalisation of the UCD College of Business, attracting students, faculty, international partners and networks.
Brian’s work and teaching had a profound and lasting impact on a number of students and colleagues, and it is in this spirit that this scholarship is being offered. The ideal candidate would have a strong interest in Supply Chain Management and a desire to make a positive difference on graduating with an MSc in Supply Chain Management.
- An undergraduate degree result of a first-class honours (Hons 1.1) or international equivalent.
- A strong curriculum vitae / resume.
- Excellently written essay question answers in the course application.
- If required by a candidate, an overall IELTS of minimum 7.0, TOEFL 100 / 120 or equivalent scores in a test we recognise for our English Language Requirements.
There is no separate application process for this Scholarship. All course applications submitted before the deadline of 1st June 2024 will be considered for this scholarship.
Following the assessment of all eligible applications shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- This scholarship is open to all applicants except full-time employees of UCD.
- The scholarship is limited to those who will have submitted a complete application directly to UCD Smurfit School entry to the MSc Sustainable Supply Chain Management full-time and who hold a full, unconditional offer from The School.
- The scholarship consists of half tuition fees for the upcoming academic year.
- The judging panel reserves the right to split the scholarship fund amongst more than the two winners. The expectation is that a maximum of four winners could be selected.
- The continuation of the scholarship funding is subject to the awardee passing all exams at the end of the first trimester.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MSc Sustainable Supply Chain Management full-time programme in early September of the 2024/25 academic year.
- The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School.
- Winning candidates will be informed in the last week of June 2024 at the latest.
- Classes commence in early September 2024.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
- The winner must be willing to participate in media events and opportunities, which may require meeting the sponsor and other relevant stakeholders.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.