Returning Study Abroad UCD ScholarshipThis Scholarship programme offers American students who have already studied at UCD the opportunity to receive a €4,000 tuition fee scholarship. The scholarships will be awarded to academically exceptional students who will be ambassadors for their course and the School during their studies and after graduation.
|Open Date||1st October 2018|
|Close Date||29th March 2019|
These scholarships are open to self-funded candidates who have been offered a place on a full time MSc Programme at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.
These scholarships are open to all successful applicants to graduate taught and graduate research masters students who:
- spent a minimum of one semester in UCD (Dublin campuses) on exchange or study abroad, OR
- registered on a UCD run Summer School/Programme for credit AND
- are paying non-EU fee rate, AND
- have not previously been enrolled to UCD on a full-time programme AND
- candidates should be registering to a full-time Masters degree programme at UCD in the forthcoming September or January
To apply for this scholarship, candidates must submit a course application for their MSc of choice. After being accepted to an eligible programme students must contact email@example.com to confirm their eligibility for the UCD Exchange & Study Abroad Scholarships.
- The scholarship will cover €4,000 of tuition fees for one year for students on non-EU fee rates
- These Scholarships aim to attract excellent candidates to the UCD’s graduate programmes and encourage previous exchange and study abroad students to return to UCD for their graduate studies
- Candidates should have spent a minimum of one semester in UCD (Dublin campuses) as a registered exchange or study abroad student
- Candidates should have not previously been enrolled to UCD on a full-degree programme
- Candidates should be registering to a full-time Masters degree programme at UCD in the forthcoming September or January
- Scholarship awards are applicable to eligible full time Masters programmes. This is excluding the MBA programme in the Smurfit School of Business, joint masters programmes, clinical programmes, online programmes and the MSc in Digital Investigation & Forensic Computing
- Scholarships are open to self-funding candidates only and are not eligible to be combined with any other tuition scholarship
- Candidates must accept the Scholarship before commencing studies in UCD Dublin. The Scholarship award will not be applied to the students account after teaching term for applicable period commence
- Once scholarship awards are issued, students must accept this offer by the specified method within the timeframe provided and notification being distributed by the committee. It is the student’s responsibility to formally accept the scholarship offer, a non-response will be considered as declining the offer
- Students awarded a Scholarship must commit to attending UCD Open Events where required. Student’s must also agree to join the Student Ambassador Panel and provide testimonials, or podcasts on their experience at UCD where required
- A student who withdraws, cancels or becomes inactive, enrols less than full-time, is suspended, or dismissed from the University will lose his/her scholarship eligibility. A student who takes such a status due to medical reasons may appeal in writing to Scholarship Committee to have his/her scholarship reinstated. The appeal must be submitted with supporting documentation, such as a letter from a doctor. In such a case, for there to be a possibility for reinstatement, a student’s leave from the University cannot exceed two consecutive semesters
- A student who declines an initial offer of admission and accompanying Scholarship offer will not retain his/her Scholarship offer if he/she reapplies at a later date.
- Continuous full time enrolment and attendance is required to retain a scholarship award
- The issued scholarship will be deducted from your University fee account
- Scholarships are non-transferable and will only apply to the programme associated with the offer letter that contains the scholarship award
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can't defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.