The Kevin Boushel Memorial ScholarshipUCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is offering a Full-Time MSc applicant the chance to win a scholarship to cover 50% of their tuition fees. The applicant must be a graduate of UCD Lochlann Quinn School of Business.
|Open Date||1st October 2019|
|Close Date||1st May 2020|
|Value||50% tuition fees|
- A graduate of UCD Lochlann Quinn School of Business with a GPA of 3.68 (Hons 1.1) or above.
- Excellently written essay question answers in the course application. There are two at 300 words each as part of the online application to the MSc programme.
There is no separate application process for this Scholarship. All successful applicants who apply by 1 May 2020 and who hold a Full or Conditional Offer and who have accepted that offer for a full-time MSc by 15 May 2020 are automatically considered. Following that, The School will then select a small short list and have a winner chosen by the end of May 2020.
- This Scholarship is open to EU or non-EU applicants except full-time employees of UCD.
- The scholarship is limited to those who will have submitted a complete application directly to UCD Smurfit School entry to an MSc full-time and who hold a full, unconditional offer from The School.
- The Kevin Boushel Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a Quinn School candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- The prize consists of half tuition fees for the upcoming academic year.
- The judging panel reserves the right to split the prize fund amongst winners.
- The continuation of the scholarship funding for semester 2 is subject to the awardee making satisfactory progress on the programme and passing all exams at the end of semester one.
- Candidates must be available to commence a MSc full-time programme in early September of that academic year.
- The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School.
- Closing date for entries: 5pm (GMT) on 1 May 2020.
- Winning candidate will be informed in the first week of June 2020.
- Classes commence in early September 2020.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- The winner must agree to participate in publicity if applicable.
- Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students cannot defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.
Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.