The Kevin Boushel Memorial ScholarshipUCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is offering a Full-Time MSc applicant the chance to win a scholarship to cover 50% of their tuition fees. The applicant must be a graduate of UCD Lochlann Quinn School of Business.
|1st October 2023
|1st August 2024
|50% tuition fees
- A graduate of UCD Lochlann Quinn School of Business with a GPA of 3.68 (Hons 1.1) or above.
- Excellently written essay question answers in the course application. There are two at 300 words each as part of the online application to the MSc programme.
There is no separate application process for this Scholarship. All successful applicants who apply to a MSc programme with us by 1st August 2024 and who hold a Full or Conditional Offer and who have accepted that offer for the full-time by 15th August 2024 are automatically considered. Following that, the School will then select a small short list and have a winner chosen by the end August 2024.
- This Scholarship is open to EU or non-EU applicants except full-time employees of UCD.
- The scholarship is limited to those who will have submitted a complete application directly to UCD Smurfit School entry to an MSc full-time and who hold a full, unconditional offer from The School.
- The Kevin Boushel Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a Quinn School candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- The prize consists of half tuition fees for the upcoming academic year.
- The judging panel reserves the right to split the prize fund amongst winners.
- The continuation of the scholarship funding for semester 2 is subject to the awardee making satisfactory progress on the programme and passing all exams at the end of semester one.
- Candidates must be available to commence a MSc full-time programme in early September of that academic year.
- The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School.
- Closing date for applications: 1st August 2024.
- Winning candidate will be informed end August 2024.
- Classes commence in early September 2024.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- The winner must agree to participate in publicity if applicable.
- Please note that UCD Belfield programmes run in conjunction with UCD Smurfit School - MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business - are not eligible for Scholarships.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
The Kevin Boushel Memorial Scholarship Recipient 2022
In midst of the current cost of living crisis, being awarded The Kevin Boushel Memorial Scholarship has allowed me to study at a postgraduate level without the pressure associated with trying to fund my desire to learn. Upon graduating from UCD Smurfit School, I plan to work towards becoming a fully qualified chartered accountant. The wonderful thing about having an accounting qualification in addition to a degree from UCD Smurfit School is that it opens a wide array of opportunities, both in Ireland and abroad.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.