The Shaw Scholarship for Educational Advancement and EmpowermentThe UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School-Shaw Scholarship for Educational Advancement and Empowerment will be awarded to one student from the USA who has been accepted on the MSc or MBA Programme at UCD Smurfit School and who is in financial need and requires support to complete their Masters. The scholar will receive up to $35,000 of a bursary towards the tuition on a full-time Master’s or MBA programme.
|Open Date||1st May 2023|
|Close Date||30th June 2023|
|GMAT / EA Deadline||31st July 2023|
The scholarship is limited to students who meet the following criteria:
- Citizen and current resident of The United States of America from an underrepresented community and can demonstrate proven financial need (Via notarized financial form)
- With a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- An incoming student who has been accepted onto a Full-Time MSc or Full-Time MBA programme at UCD Smurfit School.
- The scholarship is open to the following programmes: MSc in Marketing (all programmes), MSc in Management (all programmes), MSc in International Business (all programmes), MBA.
- Must maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 while in the programme.
- In the event of a student choosing to apply for the MSc over the MBA , the balance of funds may be used for flights and accommodation up to the value
- $35,000 if the candidate choses to do a Master’s programme .
- The candidate must offer to mentor future UCD Shaw scholarship awardees.
Students must submit a programme application (Full-Time MSc or Full-Time MBA) to be considered for the scholarship.
Candidates will be asked to submit a 500 word essay to Smurfit Admission Team at firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting that you are applying for the UCD Smurfit Graduate Business School-Shaw Scholarship for Educational Advancement and Empowerment outlining:
‘Why I should be considered for the Shaw Scholarship for Educational Advancement and Empowerment’
The UCD Smurfit Graduate Business School-Shaw Scholarship for Educational Advancement and Empowerment competition is open to all US Student except UCD employees and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The competition is open to all US Citizens from an underrepresented community who are candidates who have already applied directly to UCD Smurfit School for August 2023 and have a fully accepted offer and who can demonstrate a financial need.
- The Shaw Scholarship For Educational Advancement and Empowerment will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre and in most need of the scholarship by the UCD Smurfit School. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final, and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
- Candidates must hold a university degree and meet all the eligibility criteria for the UCD Smurfit Programme.
- US Citizens from an underrepresented community who can demonstrate a financial need.
- The winning candidate will join a choice full -time Specialist MSc Programme or the FT MBA programme.
- Scholarship consists of $35,000 bursary to be used for the fees/accommodation for a UCD Smurfit MSc or MBA programme.
- The scholarship is available to the following programmes: MSc in Marketing (all programmes), MSc in Management (all programmes), MSc in International Business (all programmes), MBA.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other UCD Smurfit Business School scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School.
- The successful scholar must agree to participate in the following: promotional activities, articles, events and any other ad-hoc promotional activity.
- The successful candidate will be the UCD Smurfit Business School Scholarship brand ambassador.
- Deadline for submission of MSc programme applications: June 30th 2023
- Candidates must be available to commence the MBA/MSc programme by August 14th
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- Candidates may only be in receipt of one scholarship, from either an external provider or UCD.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the
- UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.
- With a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- With proven financial need (Via notarized financial form)
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.