Business & Finance Awards MBA ScholarshipUCD Smurfit School is delighted to partner with Business & Finance Awards in offering one candidate a 100% scholarship to join the Full-Time MBA or the Executive MBA or the Modular Executive MBA in August 2022.
|Open Date||15th January 2022|
|Close Date||31st May 2022|
|GMAT / EA Deadline||30th June 2022|
|Value||100% tuition fees up to €35,000|
The Business & Finance Awards and UCD Michael Smurfit MBA Scholarship will be awarded to a high-calibre applicant who will represent the world’s next generation of business leaders. The scholarship is open to professionals. This unparalleled scholarship will provide the student with a unique experience which encompasses opportunities to engage and network with senior business leaders, receive mentoring outside the classroom, which will the bridge the gap between academia and the business world.
Candidates Key Attributes:
- Any nationality but must be resident in Ireland for over three years
- Demonstrates leadership in the past
- Exhibits an initiative to give something back to the community.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate not only an excellent academic record but a capacity to understand emerging business trends, problem solving and the ability to inspire others through their actions.
Open to all successful applicants for the MBA, who are resident in Ireland, achieving the relevant minimum GMAT OR EA score or above (please see website for information on application and required scores).
Successful candidates will be selected on merit, paired with a holistic review of their MBA application.
The scholarship will be awarded to candidates deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD MBA Admissions Committee. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award scholarships if no candidates of the required calibre are identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
Please note the GMAT/EA deadline is 30 June 2022.
There is no separate application process for this scholarship.
Please apply online through our website for the MBA programme of your choice, and choose the relevant scholarship in the scholarship section. You will also be required to include a short supporting statement as to why you are the best candidate for the scholarship.
- The Business & Finance Awards scholarship competition is open to residents of Ireland except employees of UCD and Business & Finance Publications, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The competition is open to all candidates who have applied directly to UCD Smurfit School for August 2022 entry.
- The Business & Finance Awards MBA Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
- Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of three years' professional experience, the required minimum score or above on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Executive Assessment (EA), and two references, normally from current and/or former employers and/or colleagues.
- The winning candidate will join a choice of the 1-year full-time MBA, the Executive MBA (2 years part-time) or the new modular Executive MBA (2 years part-time) starting August 2022.
- Scholarship consists of either one-year full-time MBA or two years' part-time Executive MBA tuition fees, worth up to €35,000.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other MBA scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School but is open to those who have applied for August 2022 entry to Smurfit MBA programmes.
- The successful scholar must agree to participate in the following (which may be subject to change):
- The successful candidate will be the B&F MBA Scholarship brand ambassador.
- Complete 4 Blog pieces for businessandfinance.com during the campaign period
- Attend the Business & Finance Awards 2023 as B&F scholarship ambassador.
- Opportunity for MBA candidate to gain unique experience via ‘shadowing’ and mentoring with senior members of the Business & Finance Team
- Opportunity to attend c-suite digital round table/webinars/events (details to follow)
- Opportunity to attend Ireland Day New York Stock Exchange (flights and accommodation will need to be paid for by the scholar)
- Give permission for their name and image to be associated with the partnership.
- Deadline for submission of MBA programme applications: 31 May 2022 .
- The scholarship winner must have taken and secured the relevant minimum GMAT/EA test entry score by 30 June 2022.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MBA programme at the end of August 2022.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- Candidates may only be in receipt of one scholarship, from either external provider or UCD.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the competition.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.