Gaelic Players Association (GPA) MBA ScholarshipThe Gaelic Players Association (GPA) and UCD Michael Smurfit MBA Scholarship will be awarded to two high-calibre applicants, one male and one female, who have met all the eligibility requirements for the UCD Smurfit MBA Full Time, Modular MBA or the Executive MBA and who will represent the world’s next generation of business leaders.
|Open Date||28th April 2022|
|Close Date||1st August 2022|
|GMAT / EA Deadline||1st August 2022|
|Value||100% tuition fees up to €35,000|
The Gaelic Players Association (GPA) and UCD Michael Smurfit MBA Scholarship will be awarded to two high-calibre applicants, one male and one female, who have met all the eligibility requirements for the UCD Smurfit MBA Full Time, Modular MBA or the Executive MBA and who will represent the world’s next generation of business leaders.
The scholarship is open to professionals and senior executives who are members of the Gaelic Players Association. This unparalleled scholarship will provide the student with a unique experience which encompasses opportunities to engage and network with senior business leaders.
Candidates Key Attributes:
- Any nationality but must be resident in Ireland for over three years.
- Demonstrates leadership in their working or playing lives.
- Exhibits an initiative to give something back to the community.
- One male and one female candidate only.
- Must be a member of the Gaelic Players Association
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate not only an excellent academic record but a capacity to understand emerging business trends, problem solving and the ability to inspire others through their actions.
Open to all successful applicants for the MBA, who are resident in Ireland, achieving the relevant minimum GMAT OR EA score or above (please see website for information on application and required scores).
Successful candidates will be selected on merit, paired with a holistic review of their MBA application.
The scholarship will be awarded to candidates deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD MBA Admissions Committee. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award scholarships if no candidates of the required calibre are identified. The decision is final, and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
Please note the GMAT/EA deadline is 1 August 2022.
There is no separate application process for this scholarship. All successful applicants for the Full-Time MBA, Modular MBA or the Executive MBA who meet the eligibility criteria and have met the deadlines noted below will be considered.
- The Gaelic Players Association (GPA) and UCD Smurfit School scholarship competition is open to residents of Ireland except employees of UCD GPA, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The competition is open to all candidates who have already submitted an application directly to UCD Smurfit School for August 2022 entry to Smurfit MBA programmes and to new applicants from the date of this agreement.
- The GPA MBA Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final, and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
- Candidates should have a university degree or equivalent professional qualification, a minimum of three years' professional experience, the required minimum score or above on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Executive Assessment (EA), and two references, normally from current and/or former employers and/or colleagues.
- The winning candidate will join a choice of the 1-year full-time MBA, the Executive MBA (2 years part-time) or the modular Executive MBA (2 years part-time) starting August 2022.
- Scholarship consists of either one-year full-time MBA or two years' part-time Executive MBA tuition fees, worth up to €35,000.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other MBA scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School but is open to those who have applied for August 2022 entry to Smurfit MBA programmes.
- The successful scholar must agree to participate in the following: promotional activities, articles, events and any other ad-hoc promotional activity.
- The successful candidate will be the GPA MBA Scholarship brand ambassador. (Exact title to be agreed.)
- Deadline for submission of MBA programme applications: 1st July 2022.
- The scholarship winner must have taken and secured the relevant minimum GMAT/EA test entry score by 1 August 2022.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MBA programme at the end of August 2022.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- Candidates may only be in receipt of one scholarship, from either external provider or UCD.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the rules and terms & conditions of the competition.
- Candidates must meet the academic requirements and standards during the MBA/EMBA programme, or UCD Smurfit reserve the right to withdraw the scholarship at any time.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.