Supporting Ireland's Recovery - Full Time MBA ScholarshipsUCD Smurfit School has launched four new scholarships for the Full-Time MBA programme to support in the recovery of Ireland’s economy and encourage returning Irish citizens to study at UCD Smurfit School. 50% of the Full-Time MBA programme’s tuition cost will be covered. Open to Irish citizens either currently resident in Ireland or returning from abroad.
|Open Date||1st December 2021|
|Close Date||31st March 2022|
|GMAT / EA Deadline||31st March 2022|
|Value||€17,500 (academic year 2022/2023)|
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School has created four new scholarships for its Full-Time MBA programme to support Irish citizens impacted by COVID both at home and returning to Ireland. The scholarships are designed to support those who are in search of new leadership opportunities following the impact of the pandemic. Fifty-percent of the globally ranked full-time MBA programme’s tuition cost will be covered for four qualified applicants
The full-time MBA at UCD Smurfit School presents an outstanding opportunity for professionals to enhance and deepen knowledge in areas such as business analysis, innovation and strategic leadership by learning from globally esteemed academics. Students are also provided with access to a dedicated leadership development programme that includes individual, team and organisational skills development, as well as access to a network of over 95,000 UCD Business alumni worldwide. The knowledge and access provided through these and other in-class learning and co-curricular experiences equips students with the skills necessary to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Our ambition is that this investment will have a positive impact on Ireland’s recovery through the development of emerging business leaders. MBA programmes enhance critical thinking and leadership skills and the class of 2022 will have a critical role to play in a post-pandemic landscape.
The decision to award the scholarship will be made by the MBA Admissions Committee and may require shortlisted candidates to attend a Scholarship Assessment Centre in Spring 2022. Successful candidates will be informed by June 2022.
We are seeking applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Candidates can demonstrate a coherent narrative outlining how they will use their MBA qualification to contribute to Ireland’s continued recovery.
- Minimum 3 year's work experience excluding summer placements.
- Has received an offer of a place as a full-time MBA Student at the UCD Smurfit School. (Part-time programmes are not eligible),
- Students who have successfully completed an undergraduate program.
- Have achieved the EA or GMAT Score required for the FT MBA.
- Irish Citizen.
- Available to take commit to a Full Time Programme for 12 months , starting late August 2022.
- Be prepared to engage with events, marketing or social media as an ambassador for UCD Smurfit Business School.
Please apply on the UCD Smurfit Website for the Full Time MBA and outline in your application how you will use your MBA qualification to contribute to Ireland’s recovery and why you should be considered for the scholarship.
The decision to award the scholarship will be final.
Winning candidates will be informed by June 2022.
Terms and Conditions:
- This scholarship is open to all Irish citizens who meet FT MBA applicants requirements , except full-time employees of UCD.
- The scholarship is limited to those who will have submitted a complete application directly to UCD Smurfit School entry to the FT MBA Programme and who hold a full, unconditional offer from The School.
- The scholarship consists of half tuition fees for the upcoming academic year.
- The continuation of the scholarship funding is subject to the awardee passing all exams at the end of the first trimester.
- Candidates must be available to commence the FT MBA Programme in late August of the 2022/23 academic year. If a candidate defers their offer they lose the scholarship award .
- The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships.
- The decision to award the scholarship will be made by a board chaired by the Director of UCD Smurfit School and the decision of the panel will be final.
- Successful candidates will be informed by June 2022.
- Classes commence in late August 2022 with a mandatory Foundation Week.
- No cash alternative.
- Applicants should demonstrate their willingness to serve as an ambassador for UCD Smurfit School.
- The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded or Government grant scheme.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.