Bord Bia Scholarships70 International Scholarship Opportunities. Develop the expertise you need to become a future leader in the food industry. We are now seeking applications from recent and experienced graduates from all disciplines/roles to join one of our four Bord Bia scholarship programmes.
|Open Date||7th November 2018|
|Close Date||4th March 2019|
|Value||No tuition fees + bursary paid|
- Overseas industry placement with global companies while gaining an internationally recognised qualification from UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
- Full tuition fees paid
- Tax free bursary paid (up to €30,000 per 12 months)
- Outstanding career prospects
- Intensive professional & career development
- The world’s best food industry educators from business schools including Harvard, IMD, NYU Stern and UCD Smurfit School
- Some of our client/host companies & employers: Kerry, Glanbia, Teeling Whiskey, Five Guys, Nestle, Danone, Ornua, Starbucks, Keoghs, among a host of other leading global food companies
- Some locations include: New York, Dubai, Shanghai, Milan, Stockholm, Sydney, London, Paris, Dublin and Singapore
- All programmes are 18 months, and start June 2019
- Applications close 4th March 2019
- A 3rd level qualification, minimum of 2.1
- A minimum of 2-4 years' experience for respective MSc programmes and no professional experience is required for the Postgraduate Diploma.
- Committed to a career in the Irish food, drink and agribusiness industry.
- Although fluency in certain foreign languages is required for particular markets this is not an absolute requirement as there are also English speaking locations. Fluency is required for markets such as French/German/Dutch/Spanish/Italian/Russian/Polish/Japanese/Korean or Chinese. English speaking locations include: UK/USA/U.A.E./Australia/Holland/Sweden. Note: locations are subject to confirmation.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Experience with M/S Excel, Powerpoint, Word and PM
Applications will only be accepted using the official application form. You must complete the application form in one go, it is not possible to start the form, save it and return to it.
You will also need to upload a copy of your CV with your completed application form. We would appreciate if the document name for your CV was in the format "firstname_surnameCV".
Please include names and contact details for two Referees in your CV (one must know you in a professional capacity). Please note that Referees will only be contacted with your permission.
As part of the personal details required, we ask for your nationality (to determine visa requirements), gender (to ensure a balance on the programme) and date of birth (to be used as a unique identifier where two candidates with the same name apply to the programme).
It is a requirement that the participants are willing/able to live in a foreign country, and travel in-market at short notice and sometimes where public transport may be limited.
You will receive confirmation that your application has been submitted successfully.
Once all applications have been reviewed, shortlisted candidates will be required to complete two psychometric tests*. These will be conducted online around March 2019. The tests take approximately 10 minutes and 30 minutes respectively to complete (approx 40 minutes in total). Language tests will also be carried out if applicable. Following this, successful candidates will be invited to attend the Assessment Centre which will take place in Dublin. You will be required to attend on one day during this period. A second round interview may be applicable.
Successful candidates must be available to commence the programme in Dublin, June 2019. This is a full-time programme.
*Note: Further details on psychometric testing will be provided to shortlisted candidates in advance as required. Successful candidates will resit the psychometric tests for validation purposes.
In order to be considered for the scholarships, you must;
Complete the online Scholarship Application Form. All required fields must be completed. Click on the following link to complete the Scholarship Application Form https://bit.ly/2mC2plo
Please note that you must have submitted a valid application by 4th March 2019.
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can't transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can't defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.