Gaelic Players Association (GPA) MSc Management Online ScholarshipThe Gaelic Players Association (GPA) and UCD Michael Smurfit MSc Management Online Scholarship will be awarded to two high-calibre applicants, one male and one female who have met all the eligibility requirements for the UCD Smurfit MSc Management Online Programme.
|1st October 2023
|1st August 2024
|100% tuition fees
The Gaelic Players Association (GPA) and UCD Michael Smurfit MSc Management Online Scholarship will be awarded to two high-calibre applicants, one male and one female who have met all the eligibility requirements for the UCD Smurfit MSc Management Online Programme, and who will represent the world’s next generation of business leaders.
The scholarship is open to experienced professionals from any field, who have a minimum 2.2 in a non-business-related undergraduate degree and are members of the GPA. This scholarship will help towards providing the student with a unique experience which encompasses opportunities to engage and network with senior business leaders, develop and enhance their career prospects and advance their personal development.
Candidates Key Attributes:
- Any nationality but must be resident in Ireland for over three years.
- Demonstrates leadership in their working or playing lives.
- Exhibits an initiative to give something back to the community.
- Must be a member of the Gaelic Players Association.
- One male and one female candidate only.
- Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate not only an excellent academic record but a capacity to understand emerging business trends, problem solving and the ability to inspire others through their actions.
- Successful candidates will be selected on merit, paired with a holistic review of their MSc Management Online application.
- The scholarship will be awarded to candidates deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit Admissions Team. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award scholarships if no candidates of the required calibre are identified. The decision is final, and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
There is no separate application process for this scholarship. All successful applicants for the MSc Management Online programme who meet the eligibility criteria and have met the deadlines will be considered.
- The Gaelic Players Association (GPA) and UCD Smurfit School scholarship competition is open to residents of Ireland except employees of UCD, GPA, and their associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
- The GPA MSc Management Online Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is final, and any further correspondence will not be entered into.
- The winning candidates will join the MSc Management Online programme starting September 2024.
- The scholarship is worth up to 100% of tuition fees.
- The competition is not open to recipients of any other MSc scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School but is open to those who have applied for September 2023 entry to Smurfit MSc Management Online programme.
- The successful scholars must agree to participate in the following: promotional activities, articles, events and any other ad-hoc promotional activity.
- The successful candidates will be the GPA MSc Management Online Scholarship brand ambassador.
- The Closing Date for submission of MSc Management Online programme applications is final.
- Candidates must be available to commence the MBA programme in September 2024.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred to a future academic year.
- No cash alternative.
- No substitutions allowed.
- Candidates may only be in receipt of one scholarship, from either external provider or UCD.
- By entering you are deemed to have accepted the Terms & Conditions of the competition.
Candidates must meet the academic requirements and standards during the MSc Management Online programme, or UCD Smurfit reserve the right to withdraw the scholarship at any time.
Candidates may apply for a number of scholarships, if they are successful in attaining more than one scholarship, however, they may only accept one scholarship bursary. Scholarship bursaries cannot be added together or combined.
Candidates will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates cannot transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year, it is only applicable and awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place in UCD Smurfit. If a student, subsequently, decides to defer their offer they will lose their scholarship or bursary and be required to apply in the future.
If candidates are in receipt of a SUSI grant they are not eligible to receive a scholarship .
UCD Smurfit School Scholarships are not applicable to courses in UCD Smurfit Executive Development, UCD Belfield campus or programmes run in conjunction with UCD Belfield including the MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business and MSc in International Law and Business.