Fintech (the merging of finance, data and technology) is transforming financial services. New and emerging technologies such as big data analytics, blockchain, machine learning and AI, cloud computing and cryptocurrencies are transforming how business is conducted. This exciting new masters will equip students for a career addressing global business needs for data science expertise particularly in the financial services industry.
The MSc in Financial Data Science is suitable for graduates of engineering, computer science, mathematics, and business (with quantitative modules), with a talent for and interest in applying data science to problems particular to the realm of financial services.
What are the benefits?
- UCD College of Business has a significant number of academics who are leaders in the area of financial data science and digital technology and financial services.
- Immerse yourself in how financial markets operate and the ongoing FinTech revolution in this space.
- The programme features the theory and practice of cutting-edge quantitative analysis, optimisation, data science and machine learning on real financial data sets.
- Graduates will attain skills and understanding in software programming, databases and applications of machine learning in finance.
- Options include a FinTech start-up incubator program in the Summer Trimester in partnership with Nova UCD, (which offers guidance and support in bringing start-up ideas to market).
Full-Time Programme Duration
Part-Time Programme Duration
End August 2023
Based on the class of 2022/2023
International class %
The Smurfit Experience
View our Video Gallery and Webinars On-Demand to gain a deeper insight into our programmes and the student experience. These videos and webinars provide valuable and practical insight as you consider your Business Masters options.
Pop Up Event at UCD Village
UCD Village, Belfield
Masters and MBA Open Evening
UCD Smurfit School, Blackrock
Admissions International Recruitment Fairs