What will I learn?
The careful balance of theory and practice within the course is designed to make graduates fully prepared to enter the digital marketing industry or, in the case of professionals, progress further in their career.
Analytical insight into the role of digital marketing in business and its current contribution to boosting effectiveness and efficiency within companies.
The vital operational skills needed to successfully implement online advertising campaigns, social media marketing, e-CRM systems and web data analysis.
The necessary balance of conceptual understanding and hands-on skills to make graduates of the course highly sought-after by potential recruiters.
How will I benefit?
Graduates emerge from the course with the strategic know-how to analyse digital marketing practices as well as the operational skills to implement their own solutions.
- A distinct head-start in the marketplace due to the combination of strategic, practical and analytical aspects to the course content
- A wide range of career opportunities within the industry, including digital marketing management, advertising, online business management and market research
- Recent graduates of the course are being recruited by digital multinationals such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Salesforce, Oracle. Numerous non-digital companies (P&G, Ryanair, Bank of Ireland) have also hired our graduates thanks to their digital expertise.
This course comprises core modules and option modules (4 + 3), as well as an applied, market-relevant project in the final summer term.
Specific objectives of this course are:
- To develop a strategic and analytical perspective on how digital marketing fits into modern business and where it can make its greatest contribution.
- To develop a thorough understanding of how digital technology can be used to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing at all stages of the business value chain.
- To develop practical skills in applying digital technologies such as online advertising, social media and mobile marketing, CRM systems, Search Engine Optimisation and web data analytics in running the modern business.
- To combine theory and practice in all aspects of digital marketing so as to be of significant value to employers immediately upon completion of the course.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Summer Term|
+ 2 option modules
+ 1 option module
Note: option modules listed are indicative of what has been delivered in previous years. What is offered each academic year is subject to change.