- Accredited by the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) at the ‘Senior Practitioner’ level;
- Breadth and depth of theoretical input;
- Intensive coach practice sessions;
- 100 face-to-face training hours;
- Requirement to build up coach practice hours between workshops;
- Group supervision at workshops;
- Demonstration sessions from course tutors;
- University award at postgraduate level - NFQ level 9;
- Programme design reflects the three higher level competency categories of business and executive coaching: business mindedness, coaching skill and psychological-mindedness.
Upon completion of this programme, the participant will have acquired:
- A sound understanding of the theory and practice of coaching, in particular coaching people at senior levels in organisations;
- Highly developed self-awareness and awareness of impact, enabling participants to work with the psychological, relational and cultural aspects of coaching;
- Competence and confidence using advanced coaching capabilities in organisations and at senior levels;
- An integrative understanding of their own unique approach to coaching – putting their “signature” on their coaching practice;
- A close network of coaches who will have journeyed alongside each other on the course – for support, co-consultancy and learning.
This programme is delivered over a series of 16 days involving 6 workshops within a 12-month period. 100% attendance is required.
Assessments and Workload
The emphasis throughout the programme is on the practical application of knowledge to benefit the participant, their team and their organisation. Assessments include an essay, reflective practice assessment, written commentary on a coaching session and an EMCC competency self-assessment. Participants are also required to complete 90 hours of pro-bono coaching and 3 coach supervision sessions.