This scholarship masters programme combines overseas industry placements, intensive professional and career development, and in-class modules delivered by the world’s best food industry educators from business schools including Harvard, IMD, NYU Stern and UCD Smurfit School.
Classroom-based taught modules and skills training and development take place in UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School during a number of block release visits back to Dublin.
Employment prospects from these programmes are outstanding with numerous companies regularly recruiting directly from the programmes, including Kerry, Glanbia, Ornua, Green Isle, Kepak, Synergy, BFree, Unilever, Bord Bia, Carlow Brewing, Cuisine Royale, Glenstal, Good Fish Co, Virginia Health Foods, Nestle, Danone, William Grant & Sons, Heinekin, Teelings Whiskey, Keoghs Crisps, Dawn Farm Foods, Dairygold, among others.
Develop relations with Sector Managers/Overseas office manager/TMS/Other Bord Bia and UCD employees in order to:
- Undertake in-market assignment and activities to deliver on Bord Bia’s strategic imperatives.
- Attend pre-agreed trade events and seminars in search of information or leads which will enhance the successful delivery assignments.
- Attend meetings and organise itineraries relevant to projects.
- Participate in reviews and planning during each assignment.
- Submit progress reports/recommendations during the course of assignments.
- Develop and maintain updated sector overviews.
- Facilitate buyer contact on behalf of clients and other companies.
- Develop and capitalise on business and promotional opportunities for clients and other Irish food manufacturers.
- Deliver insight to clients, through market research and other activities, on the dynamics of the market, market entry planning and consumer issues affecting export markets.
- Understand/appreciate strategic plans and sectoral strategies through close collaboration with Bord Bia sector managers and trade marketing specialists.
- Undertake market research for clients.
- Work on increasing the export business of clients through various sales/business development activities.
- Maintain and document project management progress.
- Create specific assignment/ project plans.
- Delivery of client assignments to an exceptional standard.
a. Share market intelligence and exchange ideas of mutual benefit;
b. Broaden and deepen insight into food industry clients;
c. Ensure consistency of message in assignments and other work.
- Collaborate with Bord Bia Information Services (Library) and other Bord Bia resources, for value-adding to client assignments.