Leading Digital Business Transformation
No organisation, it seems, is immune to the reality where business models, value propositions, customer experiences, products, services, organisational processes, employee experience, and management practices have been or are being, transformed by digital technologies such as social media, mobile, analytics, cloud, augmented reality, 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), blockchain, and artificial intelligence.
Click here to watch Prof. Joe Peppard's introductory video.
Digital is enabling organisations to do things that are just not possible or commercially viable in a physical-only world. With such opportunities, it is therefore paramount that all organisations have a strategy that clearly maps out how the organisation plans to leverage digital and the operational and strategic outcomes that it is seeking.
However, both formulating and executing this strategy requires re-wiring the organisation for digital, building the necessary organisational capabilities, and changing the organisation so that digital becomes part of its DNA. This is the transformation component of digital transformation. However, research reveals that this is incredibly difficult to achieve and that most organisations are struggling in realising their digital ambitions.
The objectives of this course are:
- To explore how digital technologies, data and business models are radically changing competitive dynamics across industries.
- To provide insights into the content and process of digital transformation and how it really happens.
- To help you assess how your organisation should evolve to extract the most value from digital technologies.
- To equip you to make informed decisions and forge innovation strategies to increase revenue, drive productivity, and enhance customer experience and engagement.
- To provide guidance to help you map out your organisation's digital journey, identify barriers likely to be encountered, and to manage the transformation.
- To present proven practices, lessons, and actionable insights from real-world case studies.
27th - 29th September 2023
€3,500 - €3,000 (UCD Business Alumni Discount)
Certificate of Completion
Wednesday 27th September 2023
Thursday 28th September 2023
Friday 29th September 2023
Smurfit Executive Development leaps to 31st globally in latest 2022 Financial Times Rankings
UCD Smurfit School Executive Development has been ranked 31st in the world in the 2022 Financial Times Executive Education Open Enrolment rankings, our highest ever placing in the prestigious rankings. Up 11 places from 42nd in the last rankings held in 2020, we are ranked 1st in Ireland, 19th in EU (Up from 27th in Europe in 2020) with an overall participant satisfaction rating at 9.09/10.
The only Irish business school included, UCD Smurfit Executive Development recorded significant gains across all criteria, including being ranked 22nd for New Skills and Learning; 26th for Aims Achieved; and 30th for both Course Design and Teaching Materials.
In addition, UCD Smurfit Executive Development ranked 14th for partner schools, which refers to programmes taught in conjunction with other Equis or AACSB accredited business schools. Find out more here.